Work day Mt.Pemigewasset Sat. Aug.18th.

vftt.org

Help Support vftt.org:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

TrailwrightBratt

Reaction score
A few of us Trailwrights are looking for some help on the Mt. Pemi. trail helping the adopter.
Projects/Locations will be decided by how much help we get. There is much to do from one end to the other.
We will meet at the Flume viitors center Parkway Exit 34A. Bring lunch gloves etc. Tools supplied.
More info PM or e-mail [email protected]

A few of us Trailwrights are looking for some help on the Mt. Pemi. trail helping the adopter.
Projects/Locations will be decided by how much help we get. There is much to do from one end to the other.
We will meet at the Flume viitors center Parkway Exit 34A. Bring lunch gloves etc. Tools supplied.
More info PM or e-mail [email protected]

Hi Bratt/Hal:

I hiked Mt. Pemi, up and down the Mt. Pemi Trail from Flume parking lot, on 7/21. Pretty trail - I especially enjoyed the summit areas. I'm new to this forum and, seeing this thread, wondered what work you ended up doing last Saturday. One of the bridges needed a new log, aside from that the trail looked pretty good. Just curious. Thanks for your work!

Best regards,

Chris Stratton/Driver 8

Last edited:
Pemigewasset Trail Work Day

Hi Chris,

Welcome to VFTT. We had a very productive day making needed improvements to Gene's adopted trail. About eight of us worked on four areas as follows: there were log bridges over each of two drains for spring runoff that were in various stages of disrepair and becoming increasingly unsafe. We removed both log bridges and replaced them with rock steps. Additionally, the trail approaches to both areas were improved and the clutter in each drain was cleaned out to improve water flow. This made it easier and certainly safer to cross both drains. At a third location, we installed three rock steps. At a fourth location, we reset old rock steps and improved drainage in that area. So, that is it in a nut shell. Hal and Peg have been away out west peak bagging and they will have a more detailed report with pictures when they return in a few days. Thanks for your interest.

Bruce
Trailwrights
Adopter of Mt. Kinsman Trail

Mt. Pemi trail Report Continued

Finally getting a chance to build on what Bruce has already reported on.
Thanks Bruce for getting that info out while we were out west.
I can only add totals at this point and a few pictures.
We installed some 7 step stones in the 3 locations for easier crossing after removing the two rotting and slippery log bridges that were not really needed any way.
An additional 3 rock steps on a steep segment to make it easier to get over but not quite complete.
We also side hilled and graded some 25 lin. feet on one of the crossings.
Normal screeing at all four locations. A fun day playing with rocks and mud.

In order to see the pictures, please click on the list below.

IMG3096.jpg
IMG3112.jpg
IMG3110.jpg
IMG3114.jpg