Would You Buy a SAR Card?

vftt.org

Help Support vftt.org:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Would you buy a SAR card:

• Total voters
attempt to explain!

Actually, I think I'm quite confused about what you are trying to say in your post. Take away the questionable grammar and typing issues, add in that you try to speak against someone like Tim Seaver and multiply that by empty holes in your statements, I think you are not to be regarded. You'll find that most who post here are thoughtful, kind and considerate, and try to back up their statements with facts. Hopefully you will learn some of that skill here.
The reference to a indian reservation was in regards to how a reservation is a self-governing body within the U.S
similar to how New Hampshire residents view themselves.I believe Tim got that in theory.Next up; the running down the mountain comment.Trail runners are in better shape then your average hiker and thus are more naturally inclined to to be biased on the subject of being rescued. Therefore should be looked at as a minority who would need being rescued by sar or charged for such services.Sorry I "spoke out against Tim".Your comments about my "questionable grammar and typing issues" are both allowed on a freedom of expression semi-public internet forum for a reason.I am allowed to call Tim out if I believe he is being maybe a little snicker like towards new hampshires usual right wing[imho] legislature.Tim already slapped me down to size on how "dumb" I came across and I agree.My post was not fact based or direct in the most civilized prose attainable. And for that my humblest regrets:( I am very passionate on the subject of mountain rescue having listened to two generations of my family discuss sar in the Whites.My uncle died in a helicopter sar mission and I have a friend who is being taken to town by nh fish and game right now in a disgusting manner.I would like to see more public meetings between groups like the amc and fish and game to work out a framework to solve this issue.In regards to how I am "regarded',I have always lived a very unconventional and eclectic life.I do not have a bank account,I do not take aspirin, e.t.c. In post 18 of this thread I try to diffuse my previous comments from post 16[not my best work].The irony of my retort here is that I met you and your husband a while back on a cold January day on Whiteface and had a nice chat! We talked about your mom a professional pianist and how I think you work at the same place as my sister,lol. anyways let the talk continue...peace and happy holidays to all....

Ah this one is back....

I paid my taxes n refuse to buy a SAR card. Otherwise send me a tax refund of the unused portion of SAR and national park money I didn't use if you want a pay as you go system?

The White Mountains is a National Park, is it not? So where is the federal parks funding going? We talk about this every year n wind up posting the same facts n figures, tax tables n graphs n charts showing how the money is used n misused, tempers rise n the thread gets locked out.

Here is the solution..... WM has a eco unfriendly smoking dragon tourist ride that should have been shut down long ago, rotten toll roads to no where, pure profit huts using free labor, pay to park in unsafe lots, pay to camp, logging, drilling mining wind mills, to mention a few, all run by private business on federal land. How about taxing those business to fund SAR? They profit the most from the visitors.

Tourists are your paying customers that SAR is rescuing after all, safe customers are generally return customers. NH sure does know how to charge tourists for everything but hates to spend any of that profit to rescue their bread n butter customers? You do insure your business if someone falls in your store?

Ya'll come back, hear?

The White Mountains is a National Park, is it not?

It is not. It is a National Forest, managed by the National Forest Service, compared to a National Park, managed by the National Park Service.

http://www.mount-rainier-cabins.com/45-difference-between-national-parks-and-national-forests/ said:
The first Chief of the Forest Service, Gifford Pinchot, offered a simple and accurate summary of the National Forests’ purpose: “to provide the greatest amount of good for the greatest amount of people in the long run.” The National Forests are a functional complement to the grandeur and treasured beauty of the National Parks.

Tim

And a National Forest is still federal land? Is it still funded by the gov tax money? Still public property?

What's the difference?

You can use the link above, or Google if you prefer. Besides the link above, you might get this one:

http://www.forestinfo.org/products/eco-links/16-5NationalForestsNationalParks.pdf

The National Park Services (www.nps.gov) is part of the US Department of the Interior, while the National Forest Service (www.fs.fed.us) is part of the US Department of Agriculture. They are managed differently by different departments with different goals.

Feel free to do your own research. Google knows all ;)

Tim

And both use federal tax money.

Last edited: