Zealand Road

vftt.org

Help Support vftt.org:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Early Bird

Reaction score
I'm trying to plan a family hike in the Zealand area. Has anyone been to Zealand Road recently? The web site states the road is open, but it hasn't been updated since May.
Thanks.

It gets updated twice a year, once in May and once in Nov/Dec. :)
Thanks, Dave. A different road was updated in Nov. as open.

Yes, it is. That answers my question. Thanks!

BIRD !!! How's Gig and the mini-you ? When are you planning on going ? I might be able to report status tomorrow afternoon or Saturday morning.

Hey, Chip. We are great. I PMed you.

I believe Wild River Road was updated already this November because at some point it was closed, a poster here found the gate on Rte 113 closed, then it reopened.

I don't see much snow on the ground down the street on the Bretton Woods cam so unless there's a lot of ice, I imagine the road has more time being open. That first hill can be a tricky one.

Hope you have a terrific hike! :)

Looking at the Obs and other cams, todays Southern New England rain looks like snow, at least up high. Generally you can't take the long range forecast too seriously but if the storm forecasted for next week in southern New England is accurate, they will be closing soon.

I wouldn't be shocked if they are cloing them today or next week.

FYI, You can call the Ranger stations BTW. Usually better between 4:00 and 5:00 as the rangers out in the field (on the road, etc) are on their way back.

Last edited:
I believe Wild River Road was updated already this November because at some point it was closed, a poster here found the gate on Rte 113 closed, then it reopened.

I don't see much snow on the ground down the street on the Bretton Woods cam so unless there's a lot of ice, I imagine the road has more time being open. That first hill can be a tricky one.

Hope you have a terrific hike! :)

We will have fun. You guys know everything. It was Wild River that was updated in Nov. and I did wonder if it was closed then reopened for some reason. I'm sort of our of the hiking loop these days.
We'll bring the kid's snow shoes in case of ice since fisher price doesn't make micro spikes for little little kids.
Thanks, Mike and Michael!

Last edited: