VFTT Winter Gathering 7.5: 1/14-17. Hiking/Skiing Plans and requests

vftt.org

Help Support vftt.org:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Plans

SherpaK

Log me in for the Ski/Hike Wildcat on Friday and the Carters on Saturday. Sunday is still a questionmark due to my advanced age and pitiful physical condition.

I tried to beat Dr_wu up Chocorua on sunday, but just missed. Breaking trail solo kills. Had a great day once he caught up.

Dalraida said:
SherpaK
I tried to beat Dr_wu up Chocorua on sunday, but just missed. Breaking trail solo kills. Had a great day once he caught up.
I'd like you all to know that the sentence above should read: "I tried to beat Dr_wu up on Chocorua sunday, but just missed." -- Don't ever get near this guy if he's got an ice axe or boxing gloves! :p :D

Washington saturday

Hamtero and Suebiscuit are planning on the Washington trip if conditions are OK.

SherpaK,

Could you add errr, "Sundog" (Jess) to the Carter Trip on Saturday?

-Wu

Last edited:
Little off topic but I just met Chad Pennington the quaterback for the NY Jets about 1/2 hour ago at a local store here in Long Island..I invited him to the gathering but he already had plans for this weekend. Nice guy, gave out a few autographs and went quietly on his way..not like Randy the baby!

Little off topic but I just met Chad Pennington the quaterback for the NY Jets about 1/2 hour ago at a local store here in Long Island..

Hope you did not sneak up on him...he hates hearing footsteps. ;)

Maybe it is the jock in me, but I really can't think of anything better than play-off football and combining the Gathering this week-end.

BTW, bet the house, offsprings tuition and tax return on the under for the Patriots. ;)

Peace.

didn't want to say last night but the news is out..Chad Pennington is sick..i saw him in a local pharmacy getting medicine..his 11 month old boy was sick and he might have caught the bug from him..The guy was real polite even giving out autographs while waiting for his meds..hope they both get better..this up and down weather is hurting lots of kids in my school..and me.

Is anyone interested in Madison and/or Adams on Saturday? Brenda and I were thinking about heading up Airline starting around 7:30 and hitting one or both peaks if the weather cooperates.

Otherwise we might join the Carters group. Looks like the backcountry skiing is just too sketchy this weekend.

-dave-

David:

I would love to join you and Brenda for Madison and/or Adams (weather permitting). I'm arriving Friday evening (hopefully around 6 pm). I may only be able to stay until sometime Saturday night (although I may stay over and leave for home early Sunday). Unfortunately, I must travel to London for a work-related meeting and will depart on Sunday afternoon. (Gonna miss the Patriots game :mad: !)

David
I would love to join you but I have another hike planned on Sat.

Is anyone doing anything on Sunday? I would like to squeeze in a hike while I am up there. I know the Pats are on the menu for 4:00 but there is time enough.

Puck: I'm interested in doing a shorter-type hike on Sunday too before heading home. I'm guessing that plans will be made once everyone is up there and knows how they feel after Saturday's adventures.

- Ivy

Ivy
I guess these idea will get kicked around Sat night. I guess I am restless with anticipation. I am really looking forward to this weekend..I really don't care if the Pats win or not. ;)

Was originally thinking of leaving the Boston area very early Saturday morning, but I'm now going to head up to the camp area Friday mid-afternoon. David's original 7:30 proposal would work well for me, but I'm pretty flexible.

-Aaron

Sounds like we have critical mass for an Adams/Madison hike on Saturday. The plan is to meet at Appalachia (no parking sticker required) at 7:30 and we'll decide exact route depending on people, gear, and weather. The main options are going up Airline or Valley Way, we can hit Madison and/or Adams from either one.

Bring your VftT stickers, patch, or t-shirts so we can identify each other. In a pinch, just put a piece of ducttape on your gear somewhere.

The forecast for Saturday looks OK, but it's definately going to be a crampon sort of day.

-dave-

Washington..Saturday

I'll plan on meeting the Washington group at the Pinkham Notch Visitors Center between 7:30 and 8:00 Saturday morning, unless I hear/see otherwise.

Note: I'll be there before 7:30, just not sure when the rest of the group will be there :)

Is anyone else driving up Saturday morning for this hike? (via I-93)