Not quite according to plan - moved from Trips & Events

vftt.org

Help Support vftt.org:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Was up on the Lonesome Lake trail Tuesday but I did not see any gear anywhere. There did look like spot where someone flailed around off the side of the trail but it had snowed on saturday and was no longer icy anymore so I really couldn't tell. Hope he gets his stuff back!

According to the Backcountry Weather & Trail Conditions, the trail to Lonesome Lake was said to be packed out without need of traction gear, so the guy had the correct equipment for the conditions. They just hit a section of the trail that was a little too icy for their ability. I’m sure he feels bad enough that he failed his son and had to cancel their backcountry adventure, so I’m willing to cut him some slack. No one got hurt and he learned a valuable lesson.

Actually I was simply stating that since it had snowed I couldn't tell where was icy and where it was not. I was not trying to imply anything about anyone else's ability or hike-smarts. I was just keeping an eye out to see if in the rare case the gear was still there I would bring it down for the guy.

What I meant when I said I couldn't tell if it was icy or not... It had snowed on saturday, meaning if I was the first person (not very likely) to go up since, it would have meant the gear was covered in a few inches of snow and maybe not so easy to spot. So... I was looking for a steep section of trail that was very icy. I have been up lonesome lake before, but never in the winter. So, I simply couldn't if it was the spot the guy lost it, or if it was just a dog fooling around off trail.