Corey's Road

vftt.org

Help Support vftt.org:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

bachand

Reaction score
Anyone know if Corey's road is drivable to the summer trail head? Plan to be up there this weekend.

Marc

bachand said:
Anyone know if Corey's road is drivable to the summer trail head? Plan to be up there this weekend.

Marc

I have read on this thread that the gate closed on March 1, and that it opens in mid-May. I'm sure others here will confirm this.

bachand said:

FWIW, it was open last weekend, in spite of predictions that it would be closed.

I thought I saw a phone # to call, but now I can't find it...

Tom Rankin said:
FWIW, it was open last weekend, in spite of predictions that it would be closed./QUOTE]
The DEC has an agreement with the interoio landowner which states that they will close the road from Mar1 to around May 15 (depending on frost out) The DEC is the one closing the gate, and according to them, it is closed.

http://www.dec.state.ny.us/website/reg5/hptrails.html#highpeaks

Whether this is a fact or not, is something else.

Anybody guess how long would it take til a webcam is installed there?

I can see it now... Corey's Road gate webcam!

Jay

any news on coreys road? Is the gate open yet? I have some unfinished business in the Sewards. :eek: