Peaks near Rumford, Maine-help?

vftt.org

Help Support vftt.org:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

buckyball1

Reaction score
I'm looking to put my boots on top of the following and would appreciate any advice on best approach (road/conditions to get near the mountain) and then any suggested climbing approach/direction (possible trails/herd paths/skidder roads/ best 'wack approach, etc-not much on the topos, etc)-i have a reasonably current Delorme-probably best to PM or e-mail me as i doubt this is of general interest

many thanks
jim

Abram (probably just up the ski slopes)
Wilbur (old trail? from Milton?)
Farwell
Spruce
Pinnacle (perhaps trail part way up off Paradis Rd?)
Trask (from Worthley Pond? road condition near pond?)
The Saddleback
Bear (Bethel)
Old Turk
C Bluff

I am sure there is a marked trail up the north side of Spruce. I THINK the trailhead is at 44.4331 by 70.591. Take the South fork in the road just South of Milton.

Last year Abram had prohibited any non winter access to their trials. Contact the office if anyone is there and they will have you sign a liability waiver if you want to hike there legally. Don't know about the others.

buckyball1 said:
Spruce

Bear (Bethel)
If that is the Spruce near Zircon there is a comm tower near the summit, check a satellite photo for where access road starts

If Bear is a 3k you can either follow a logging road off North Road most of the way which is a tough day we did once, or drive to col with Lary Brk Mtn which makes it much shorter