Indian Head Pipe

vftt.org

Help Support vftt.org:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

erugs

Reaction score
Not a peace pipe, but just below the trail junction for the Indian Head Trail near the summit there is a metal pipe in the ground. Why? Just wondering.

I remember wondering the same thing when I hiked it a few years ago. I thought it looked like a property corner, but it looks like that area is all part of the National Forest. It may have been a corner of an old interior tract before it became NF. This is pure speculation.

Mt Willard pipes??

Speaking of pipes -

We went up Willard a few weeks ago and wondered why there were large cement pipes crossing the trail. I noticed maybe 6 of them, but there were probably more. Maybe 9 - 12 inches in diameter.

Ideas?

Speaking of pipes -

We went up Willard a few weeks ago and wondered why there were large cement pipes crossing the trail. I noticed maybe 6 of them, but there were probably more. Maybe 9 - 12 inches in diameter.

Ideas?

Drainage from when it was a carraige road. Yes there used to be sufficient gravel on that currently rocky trail for horse drawn carraiges and wagons to ascend to the view ledges. Carraiges carrying the like of US presidents who used tostay at the high toned hotels.