Friends .....

vftt.org

Help Support vftt.org:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

shadowcat

Reaction score
If you read the last thread about dogs - leashes & the sorts, you'll know that i rec'd an email from a viewer who was very upset about the thread & felt it just made everyone angry & divided us. my response was that although we often get into heated debates, they make the threads more interesting and in the end we are all still friends.
i was just on anothe site, where the discussions are of a more serious nature, but none the less, participated by folks who will never meet but come to enjoy, look forward to & depend on their conversations with their cyber-friends. i'd like to share the poem one of the participants wrote because i really think it sums up what this is all really about:

"Friend with out a face

When the sun came up this morning, to begin another day.I had no way of knowing, a new friend was on the way. A friend without a face, A friend with just a name, A friend I've never met,
but a friend just the same.

I got my things together, and headed on my way. My friend would be there for me,to help me through the day. A friend I can't replace, A friend I'll never blame A friend I've never met,
but a friend just the same.

When the sun went down this evening, to end another day. I had the joy of knowing, My friend was here to stay. There's now a special place, for my friend with just a name. a friend I've never met,
but a friend just the same. "

To all my friends I may never meet - but my friends just the same
shadowcat

Pretty cool. Thanks for sharing. Although many people on this site can put faces to names, I've only met one or two in person so that poem sums it up well for me. BTW, what was the other site?

Camper58

what site the poem came from

it's a site where folks with serious health issues can go for support and share their experiences. the poem reflects the depth of how important having someone to share your experience with is. although it came from a much more serious environment, i thought after the last heated thread it might be nice to remind everyone how much their participation on this site does affect others & it's nice to have outlets such as this.