Let's bee honest and tell the truth.

vftt.org

Help Support vftt.org:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Honestly Rank Your: Hiking, Non-tecnical Climbing & Backpacking

• Total voters

Little Rickie

Reaction score
Rank your: hiking, non-technical climbing and backpacking.

This trail Outing Rating Schedule is borrowed from the Adirondack Mountain Club.

Last edited:
I thought this was set up to view who has voted. I can't see how to fix that. Can a mod help?

I'm pretty sure that it can't be done or the system does not allow it. It is possible to comment about your post. For example: I replied that this is a Dumb Poll because I don't really care how far everyone else hikes and I don't need to rank myself against other hikers....but that is just my dumb opinion.;):D

Last edited by a moderator:
I added one vote for: Dumb Poll. There are quite a few things wrong with your poll. First, the term "ranking" suggests that we should be able to provide some sort of ranked order to a list of options. As far as I can tell, I'm not able to rank anything on this page. Second, you're asking two separate questions in the same poll, since you're asking about both hiking and backpacking. It's a double-barreled question. Third, there's no frame of time given in this question. Should we respond based on our last hike or last backpacking trip? Should we respond based upon our longest trip? There's no frame to provide that context. I could keep going, but you get the idea.

Overall, it's just sort of a "dumb poll." Thanks for providing that option! Perhaps you could reword this poll and ask it again in the future.

Bee honest and tell the truth in the same sentence is a redundancy. Example of a redundancy: he descended downstairs into the basement.
Bee honest is misspelled, only one e in be.

I refuse to vote on the grounds that it might

It says right underneath the question:

Be advised that this is a public poll: other users can see the choice(s) you selected.

And in fact you can see how everyone voted.

Tim

Interesting. I donot see this. Do I have something turned off or possibly a function of IE.?

I voted in both categories, but found nothing that exactly fit my abilities, so I chose the closest. For example, I summitted Washington on Saturday from Pinkham Notch, climbing over 4,000 feet in elevation, but only 8 or so miles round trip (pls correct me if this is incorrect). I liked the Poll because it forced me to analyze my hiking abilites in an objective (hopefully) fashion.

I added one vote for: Dumb Poll. There are quite a few things wrong with your poll.

Are you an engineer?

Overall, it's just sort of a "dumb poll." Thanks for providing that option![/QUOTE]

You're welcome. I included that so people wouldn't take this poll too seriously along with a little self-deprecating humor. :D

Perhaps you could reword this poll and ask it again in the future.

That wouldn't be as much fun as my first effort but feel free to take your best shot at a reword. I'd like to see how a poll done right would look. :p :rolleyes::D

I voted "B" as that's probably the hike I'd most likely be doing but any of those classifications would fit at some time or another ... 'cept D which would probably become a backpack these days. I've never been in any rush to finish a hike and have been known in some endeavors to be better timed with a calendar than a watch.

BTW, I have a button that says, "View Poll Results" just to the right of the button that says, "Vote Now" and to the left of the button that says, "Hey Sailor, Want to Have a Good Time". Wonderful the upgrades Tim has made to the website.

I'm a C but I like B best. I can push to do more milage but the fun runs thin after 10 miles or so. Like Stan if it involves more miles or gain it becomes a backpack. I like the more relaxed pace and enjoy the camping. An advanced hike or difficult backpack becomes a Friday hike into a campsite, a Saturday climb and a Sunday limp out. Then everything stiffens up during the six hour ride home and my wife then puts up with my whining about how sore I am.

Butt I still can't see who has voted? :confused:

OOOPPPPSS I sea now. Eye just have 2 click on the numbers.

Wait a minute...this poll is not only dumb it's tainted. If you click on the numbers Tom Rankin is listed as having voted twice. :confused:

I appreciate this poll since it confirms something I have long suspected. Most people posting to the various hiking boards are in much better shape than I am. :)

Long ago I learned to be content with my four day Pemi loop.

I voted for all 4 hiking options because I do all 4 on occasion, plus a category not listed but common for White Mtn 4k - over 3300' elevation gain but under 15 miles

I hike off-trail probably over half the time but almost never backpack off-trail - too many things to catch on bulky pack

I feel the choices were poorly written but that doesn't make the idea of the poll dumb