Flume Slide Trail

vftt.org

Help Support vftt.org:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

giggy

Reaction score
anyone know what this is like in the winter? - I haven't done it in like 5 years. I remember water flowing down it - I think - Thinking it could be and nice and somewhat easy ice climb up it.

Last edited:
Hey Giggy,

I went up it last March. It was easier in the winter with the ice, than it was when I first did it back a few years ago, end of May w/ a full pack. The ledges were real slippery.
Bring your crampons & 2 ice axes, & have fun! :)

Tom

I went up it 2 winters ago and it was a blast. If you have good snow cover, then crampons should be adequate. I came down it this past summer and it is definitely more dangerous in the summer. It is quite the quad burner!

I've done this mutiple times in winter & summer over the years. I did it 3 weeks ago & the ice conditions were pretty tough compared to previous years. I brought a general mountaineering ice axe and definitely needed it along with my crampons. There were a few interesting moments were it was really hard to get traction on the hard ice & you need to keep your wits about you.

neither - may buddy and I bailed on friday due to weather and we each had some stuff around home anyway. Probably heading this weekend - but weather will decide if we peakbag or ice climb.