How about those super flexible snowshoes?

vftt.org

Help Support vftt.org:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Spiny - those flexible snowshoes seem to offer a lot, including grip, easy binding and heel lift. Hmmmm. ?

I was hoping there were a few early adopters here to weigh in.

If I find them cheap enough I will give them a shot. But not at full price.

Not sure I see the point. TSL's a cool company, though.

A benefit I see is on New Hampshire "bones" before the snow has filled in all of the holes. A friend bent the frame on his aluminum shoes by stepping with a rock on front and back and nothing in the middle. If the shoe he was wearing had been designed to flex, that would not have happened (maybe) and he'd have had traction all the while?

Yeah, I mean unless it is good for any and all applications what use could any tool have. And really, since we have perfected the buggy whip, why look any further.

But i like the sound of snowshoes clomping!

You would have enjoyed following me Friday. It was so cold and the snow was so firm that my snowshoes sounded like I was dragging a bag full of sleigh bells down the trail.

You would have enjoyed following me Friday. It was so cold and the snow was so firm that my snowshoes sounded like I was dragging a bag full of sleigh bells down the trail.

That could have been pleasing, as I fondly recall the bells of yak, donkey and dzo along the Everest Base Camp trek I did last October!