recommend a cheap motel near Conway?

vftt.org

Help Support vftt.org:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

nartreb

Reaction score
I've finally convinced my fiancee to accompany me to New Hampshire. I'm planning a Presi Traverse, she'll entertain herself in the outlets. She's not into camping (still working on that), and our budget is tight. Is it possible to get a decent rate at a cheap motel? (Interjection from my fiancee: we hope the cockroaches will be polite.) I'm hoping to do the traverse on a September saturday (stay friday & saturday nights), while there's daylight and before I have to start packing tons of weather gear - and before the fall foliage room rates kick in.

I spent alot of time at a hotel called Junges, its across from Settlers green and run by an old couple who are the best. They keep it clean and have some very big rooms if you need space, they are as cheap as anythin else and you can walk to many outlets right from the door.

If you want super cheap and don't care about it looking all dolled up, check out the Intervale Motel. It will definitely not win any design awards, and it probably looks like it has cockroaches from the outside, but it's clean ... and did I say, cheap? I guess it all depends on your fiancee's tolerance level; for me personally, I don't care what a place looks like as long as it's inexpensive, clean and safe, since I rarely plan to spend much more than 8 hours in the room itself.

Junges is known for being cheap and clean, but I've never stayed.

I can give the highest possible recommendation for a restaurant, May Kelly's Cottage. The owner is a native of Ireland, and she has given the place an Irish feel. The food is incredible and ample!. The corned beef and cabbage and the lamb stew could feed two people. It's the perfect hiker's
restaurant,IMO :) .