Acadian Traverse - 11 peaks via the Precipice 9/6/09

vftt.org

Help Support vftt.org:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Leaf - I guess that means that you actually read the report this time :p

Well...I'm beginning to put two and two together and have come up with the following...drinking the night before a hike makes me a whiny hiker :rolleyes: drinking after a hike and I'm a happy hiker all day. I'll have to test this theory this weekend.

Sweet, nice pictures folks and traverse.. I hope Phil is happy now, having bailed from my Whites trip.. :D

Hope to see all of you soon, somewhere, sometime...

Jay

Hi Jay! I am very happy now but not because I bailed from your trip... even I can't be everywhere at once. :p

Darl58; said:
we won!!!!
I guess, if you call getting Phil on your trip winning...???????? :p

Darl58

What do you mean "winning"? There's no Mafia wars on VFTT you know ;) Of course you won! :p :D

Great pics everyone! I will have to roll them thru again they were so good.
I was wondering why we got lost coming off that last peak in the dark.... the tiny disco ball reminded me! That was a blast!

Thanks for sending the GPS trip log Hui Yeng.... now I see all the little twists and turns that my old map measurer missed. :(

Also...
I know more about Lobsters now than reading a map! :)

What do you mean "winning"? There's no Mafia wars on VFTT you know ;) Of course you won! :p :D

I was wondering why we got lost coming off that last peak in the dark.... the tiny disco ball reminded me! That was a blast!

Also...
I know more about Lobsters now than reading a map! :)

I like to win!! Kim & I are still laughing about our little getting lost in the woods trip....and our "friends" thought we were having fun up there????

The tiny disco ball picture was worth it!!

You know about lobster but........would you of eaten the pork????

I forgot about that...4 out of 6 would have eaten the pork. Wonder how many others would say yes to eating pork off the grill after it had been left out all night. I think we're in the minority Darl...

I like to win!! Kim & I are still laughing about our little getting lost in the woods trip....and our "friends" thought we were having fun up there????

The tiny disco ball picture was worth it!!

I think 4 out of 6 of us decided we would have eaten it, me included. One thing I wouldn't have done though, was throw it in the garbage knowing that Hui Yeng was getting up to eat it for breakfast. :D

nothing like the first time...

Fist time at Acadia. Did not disappoint!

I can't tell you how long I've waited for a trip like this to come up.
Where the mountains meet the sea. What a concept !

Add friends, perfect weather, and other fun stuff to do, made for a most enjoyable holiday weekend!
Can't wait to do it again ! Maybe knock off that 400 ftr. list.

Great TR Kim!
I have pics I probably throw up on FB sometime.

Thanks all !

Jen...I think this was a first to see you taking pics on a hike and posting them!! :rolleyes:

Great pics! :D

Everyone's pictures just make me smile and laugh all over again!!!

Great weekend...:D

I love Acadia. Glad you had good weather. We were there at the end of July and all our hikes were in the blowing fog! Excellent report. Looking forward to your photos!

11 Peaks -Acadian Traverse

An amazing Adventure in Acadia! Impressive traverse in our finest National Park. Outstanding pictures all; in particular the Precipice Trail. Delicious looking lobsters...maybe 3 pounders?

Little D:)