$ 0.71 Per VFTT Member

vftt.org

Help Support vftt.org:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Carmel

Reaction score
S. Dartmouth MA, Seekonk MA Avatar: Kauai
Just a reminder everyone the bike ride is THIS sunday and although we've had some EXTREMELY generous donations we are still averaging $0.71 per member!!!!! (And many donations were made from contacts outside of the site.) :confused:

I hope that this reminder...and a new thread will motivate everyone to think about donating to the ride.

We have done so well in past years, I was hoping that we'd be doing a little better than we are doing so far this year!!!!!

So far i'm sending out thank you's (forgive my mispellings and typos) to:

John Satterlee (don't know if anyone noticed, completely sponsored himself with $300) :) :)
Teejay
Seema
MadRiver
Frodo
Christian
Puck
MEB
Bunch
Tesno
Andrew Zboray
Poison Ivy
Forestgnome
Mark Schaffner
Phil and peg durnim
Gerda and Jan
Ian Merchant
Bill & Cathy Harm
Paul Ron
Al Thompson
Eric Sherman (Tuco)
Dirk and Amanda
SherpaK
John Morrison
Stan
Rich and Shirley
i2climbup
NEW:
MArty
ARM
Skimom
MTNPA and MTNmama!
Skibones
Jeremy Clark
Willoughby
PedXing
Double Bow
Toecozy
percious
Gary and Ken
Chip
Chris Perkins
Peakbagr
sjhbos
bobby

Thank you Everyone!!!!! :) :) :)

Carmel

p.s. If anyone has sent in checks to Teejay in the mail, sorry you are not on this list!!! this is a trip and event because i'm inviting EVEYONE to come watch us ride.... :)

Last edited:
Do you have more details on this? Is this the ride referenced in past years off the main page of the web site?

I've always thought this charity (and an occasional photo purchase :) ) was a very reasonable way to give a little back for everything that occurs here. I give the equivalent of what a fill-up would cost, something we all do all the time without a second thought, especially on the way to a trail. I also feel that good things come back to us when we give a little away.
BTW, Chip has the fun and John pays the bills, thanks for the "Thank-You".

rocket21 said:
Do you have more details on this? Is this the ride referenced in past years off the main page of the web site?

Darren runs this site in his spare time with money out of his pocket. Once a year he does this charity ride for the Brain Tumor Society and relies on the generous donations of the site readers to help make the ride a success. It is a way for the site to give back to the community and he feels as tho, if he can put $800 (close to that) a year into the site the 2000 members might be willing to pitch in to support a charity. That is a short synopsis of why the ride is posted, and is the only charity posted publicly on the site.

http://www.vftt.org/forums/showthread.php?t=16707

There is the info for the ride this year....

Here are some BTS history links.

http://www.vftt.org/index-vftt.html

This is the VFTT page for this year:

http://www.braintumorsociety.org/site/TR?pg=team&fr_id=1131&team_id=9580

That should be enough info for you, if you need more, let me know.

Carmel's list

I'd just like to add to Carmel's list Boreal Chickadee and my cousin, Allen. If anyone has or wil be sending me any cash or checks, your donations will take a while to show up on the donor list. It took almost a month for Stan and Paul Ron to show up there.

teejay

Carmel said:
Just a reminder everyone the bike ride is THIS sunday and although we've had some EXTREMELY generous donations we are still averaging $0.71 per member!!!!!

Having done this event last year and contributing $'s again this year I can definitely tell you that this is a worthy cause. I would be interested in what the percentage of total VFTT members that have contributed in past years versus this year. My guess is that we are a bit lower in number of members contributing so far. I know that alot of folks wait to contribute to the BTS hike later in the year but every little bit helps on this event too! :)

Last edited:
The BTS isa very worthy cuase
It has hlped a reletive of mine . I have done manyt hings to help out . As some may know disabvities is a persoanl cause interests of mine . I have helped disabled people climbe to the highests point in CO and also have taken part in UNH's program to help those in wheelchairs get to the sumint of NH mts via trails .
When is the bike rideand how far is it . maybe Ican give ita shot not sure .

WE have reached our goal!!!

YAY!! Thank you EVERYONE for helping sponsor the VFTT team!!!!

Your donations do go appreciated, by more than just the riders, but the families of everyone who is affected by this. You would be surprised how many families on this site have been affected by not just this disease, but all cancers.

I'm so happy we have reached our goal! Thank you.

Carmel

p.s. Its still ok to donate more, its not like "the price is right" you don't get penalized for aiming too high. :)

Over $1.00 per VFTT member

That's right, since Carmel's starting this thread, team VFTT is now over $1.00 per member in donations. As she said, this isn't "Price is Right." There's no reason to stop here. And another thing, even though the Ride is this Sunday, you'll still be able to support the team and TBTS for some time (a couple of months, I think) after the ride.

teejay

Good luck Tomorrow...Is TeeJay doing the Fifty on the Beast this year? I know John is all over it. How goes the knees Carmel?

Jazzbo does his bit!

I just contributed my donation to BTS via their site. I'd never done it before so I needed to figure out how. It wasn't too hard. I gave by credit card. I hope it registers fast enough for Team VFTT to get credit for it. keep up the good work team!

Jazzbo said:
I just contributed my donation to BTS via their site. I'd never done it before so I needed to figure out how. It wasn't too hard. I gave by credit card. I hope it registers fast enough for Team VFTT to get credit for it. keep up the good work team!

It seemed to add to the BTS site instantaneously for me, so my guess is it'll be fine.

It's post ride and according to the BTS website team VFTT raised $2216. There are almost 2200 registered members on this site, so that puts the funds raised at just over $1.00 per member. However, only about 2% of the site members donated. To that 2% I give my deepest thanks. To the other 98%, I just ask you to think how easy it would be for you to donate $1. Most of us spend a dollar without even thinking about it. Some people spend over $3 for a cup of coffee, but they call it a double-frappa-mocha-whatever. Think about it, you can probably find $1 in change under the seats in your car.

If you use the site and get useful info out of it, then I ask you to consider donating to the Brain Tumor Society. If over the last year you got any bit of useful info from this site then I ask you what it was worth to you. Did you get info on a hike you were planning? Did you meet cool people to hike with? Did you make new friendships that will last a lifetime? What is it worth to you? $1?

If the remaining 98% donated $1 each, then we could still raise another $2000 for the Brain Tumor Society. please think about just going to the BTS website and spend 1 minute to donate $1 or whatever you think this site was worth to you over the past year.

Another option is to join/sponsor Jay H's BTS hike:

http://www.vftt.org/forums/showthread.php?t=16946

Thanks

- darren