2/7 - Mt Adams

vftt.org

Help Support vftt.org:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

rocksnrolls

Reaction score
Phillipston, MA - Avatar: bushwacking off the top
The Mt Washington forcast is looking great for Saturday: 10-20% chance of light snow showers, temps around 0 at 7am reaching low 20s in the afternoon, winds of 10-20 mph. So I'm thinking it's time for my first attempt at bagging a winter Presidential.

I'd like to spot a car at Appalachia, then head over to Lowe's store. Hike up Lowe's Path, maybe checking out the RMC buildings along the way. If we want, adding Madison to the itinerary would be fun. Not sure what descent route I'd want to take so am open to suggestions. I've already been on the Howker Ridge, the Air Line and Valley Way, so combination of other trails would be preferable so I can add to my red-lining.

Pace will be relaxed, I tend to me about 1.25 mph at best in winter. Start time of 8am - I don't mind hiking out under headlamps. Strong hikers with winter experience only, please.

If the forcast deteriorates significantly this hike will be cancelled. I'll probably switch to Whiteface, or maybe join some folks I know heading up the Osceolas then.

Hey my good mon R&R,

I also need Whiteface one of your possible alternatives.
But with my battered knees I cant do the down ledges anymore which means a slog over the never ending Rollins Trail.

As it stands now Wolf and I are going back to get
S. TTwwiinn on Sunday, but like you,..... we are weather dependent.

So far so good.