2nd Annual ADK paddle gathering July 8-10

vftt.org

Help Support vftt.org:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

coldfeet

Reaction score
The few us who gathered last summer had a great time paddling around the Rollins Pond area. We car camped and paddled on Saturday and Sunday. There were app 8-10 of us at times. Don't ask Snickers about Brian's ring Last year was fun because people came in canoes, rec kayaks, touring kayaks, white water kayaks. Advantage of car camping and no carries.

Last summer we had a little difficulty getting campsites for car camping due to the lateness of planning so a few people expressed interest with me about making it a paddle/camp out trip where you have to load up your gear into your boats and paddle to a campsite. I went with JayH a few years ago to Little Tupper Lake and we had a wonderful time. We did extend the paddle a bit by carrying our boats a short distance. With only a bagged lunch and water we all achieved this by helping each other. Little Tupper is nice also because motorized boats are not allowed on this lake. There are pro's and con's of everything. You can only have a certain number of tents or people per sites. I'll let the experts in the area give you that info. I'm not a trip leader just starting the ball rolling. I know the dates will not work with everyone but here goes.

When: Friday July 8-10
Where: Little Tupper BUT if many people want to go somewhere else with short easy "carries" and no motorboats I'm in. Please chime in with your suggestions.

Will also post this in paddle section and other ADK website

I sent you an email David, I'm internet-less til I can get TimeWarner out to my new abode.. but I rode to work to check out my 7.5 mile commute and check my email so I got your email and sent a reply.

I may have a 3500 club board meeting that weekend, I am pretty sure it's the 10th...

Jay

Hey bubba, hope all is well. My daughter graduated nursing school is is going to work in Syracuse. I might begin a 2nd round of the NY viewsandbrews :rolleyes:

July 9/10 is our Balsam Lake Mt. volunteer fire tower weekend.

We have all weekends in the rest of July open. If you decide you want to change the date, we would love to join in again this year.

I have paddled Little Tupper with Jay, great campsites and a fun paddle.

Cindy & Brian

Hi Cindy, hope all is well. It's possible I can go the next weekend unless wife was able to get Paul McCartney tickets today :D..will keep everyone interested updated...

Hi Cindy, hope all is well. It's possible I can go the next weekend unless wife was able to get Paul McCartney tickets today :D..will keep everyone interested updated...

Well, did you score the tickets dude? I would love to pencil this in on our calendar for July 16/17. Maybe Jay would be able to join us for that weekend too!!

Pencil it in for the 15-17...didn't get tix :mad: That's ok, probably would have cost $300- $400 for 5 tix plus parking...Jay, u ok with the change?

Perhaps, I certainly can't make July 10th either as I have a 3500 club meeting then in the catskills...

I'll certainly try..

Jay

Still on for weekend of 7-15 to 7-17.....Little Tupper is the place...will update next week...

ok i'm back....paddled this weekend, went from Axton Landing to the lower falls and camped out Sat night. Then paddled back and went to Stoney Creek all the way to the take in at Coreys rd I think....sort of overdid it and my right elbow is sore....

So, who's interested? I can't get to the computer to often here at camp but I'll try to check in on Wednesday.