3 Day Beer Tasting and Kayaing!?!?

vftt.org

Help Support vftt.org:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
That actually isn't a bad price. How awesome would doing this and Rainier trip be ? DANG ! Freak. Now I'll be thinking about how to pull that off.

Nice idea, but I think that we could do a pretty good job of organizing one for ourselves in the Dacks or the Conn. River. No travel expense, use kayaks we already have, and bring our favorite local brews. Bonus: we can make unscheduled course changes on the fly.

:rolleyes: I suppose with enough Moat Mountain on board I could convince myself this is Puget Sound and Rainier;

014.JPG

I will point out that the upper Androscoggin river has a couple of paddle up options. If the water is high, you can literally paddle up to Mr Pizza in Gorham (a section of the parking lot floods during high water). Down in Bethel, there is a spot where you can pull off (not great a steep bank) but its right across the street from Sunday River Brewing. The Gorham stretch is not popular with paddlers as it requires a couple of portages around dams but there is some nice paddling upstream of the Shelburne impoundment. Its also is all designated as trophy fishing waters. Once you put in at Shelburn there is a couple of day stretch down to Rumford with plenty of camping options on various islands and river side. The down side is that there is some noise from the nearby RT 2. The entire section of river doesnt get much use compared to other rivers in the area and RT makes spotting cars easy.