46th -- Sept 24th on Marshall

vftt.org

Help Support vftt.org:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

bubba

Reaction score
I would have loved to be there with Pat & Audrey as they completed their 46/115 last weekend, but my plans were already in place for my own celebration with my family and hiking partner(s). Jimmy George (lurker) and I will complete our 46th peak on Marshall on Saturday 8/24. This quest has been in the works for far too many years for me to admit, but I have savored every hike I have made along the way. Marshall is last because we kept "saving it" as a back-up, but always ended up pushing it off and doing another hike.

I'm not out to tromp on Marshall with crowds, but if any of you would like to join in on the celebration, sharing the moment would ROCK! I have way too many friends and enjoyed plenty of good times from participating on this site -- to not offer the opportunity to any and all of you would be short sighted on my part.

I'm wondering if a key exchange would be of interest, so I'd consider it. I also remember seeing several "list finishes" where prayer flags were flying and think that would be excellent to signify the accomplishment. Are these made or purchased? (...or do I have to pick them up in Tibet)? And, of course, kold ones and axes... welcome, welcome!

This comes as part of an annual hiking/golf trek to the Lake Placid area. We've matured into renting a house on Mirror Lake for the weekend. Celebration to continue there where there is space for some tents if you are so inclined -- pass on the word.

Happy times!! Rock on...

bubba said:
I'm wondering if a key exchange would be of interest, so I'd consider it. I also remember seeing several "list finishes" where prayer flags were flying and think that would be excellent to signify the accomplishment. Are these made or purchased? (...or do I have to pick them up in Tibet)?

bubba, I saw some for sale in a bookstore the other day. You can search on amazon.com too....

Hey Bubba - congratulations in advance on your 46th. I just finished on Saturday. On Thursday, I met a woman in the Santanonis from Plattsburgh who, when I told her I was from Buffalo, asked me if I knew you. I didn't get her name. Is she maybe a VFTT-er?

Bubba - Wish I could be there on Marshall with you, but I have to WORK that day (you know where). I'm off the weekends before and after your hike. I'll be taking my wife and a friend up Marcy for their FIRST high peak on the 17th. Have a good one. -Buffalo Bob (ALG)

Bubba,
I spoke to Teejay and before we committ to the trip, we want to find out if you're wearing those same pants that you wore in the Santas? Where will you be celebrating that evening? slamdog

Do any partakers of the:

"Let's celebrate Bubba's 46th commemorative society" want to join me in attempting to find the Marshall slide and then squirm our way to the summit in time for champagne, caviar, smoked salmon and a unit or two of blood?

Note that this is a fair weather thing only.

Also, is there anybody in the group that has a radio? It just so happens that I have one in my (sissy) gps and it can be fun to mutter obscenities into the unit thereby embarassing everyone on the summit in the process.

Slam/TeeJay - No, I'm wearing COTTON!! Sorta commemorate how I started and, at one point, totally ticked off Officer Fish!! (even tho my wife thought it was my [ugly], bright turquoise paisley cotton shirt that did this). Besides, there is an inside joke about getting into my pants at gatherings...

Where to celebrate -- initial post: "This comes as part of an annual hiking/golf trek to the Lake Placid area. We've matured into renting a house on Mirror Lake for the weekend. Celebration to continue there where there is space for some tents if you are so inclined..." that would be lakeside camping at it's best... maybe a bed inside depending on how the house fills. It's about over-filled at last count (but four johns, large party room, decks) and kold ones... ah, Harry?

Should we party huge?? Steaks, lobster... maybe gasoline - it's up there with caviar these days. I'll have to check with my agent, Neil.. head of the "Bubba 46th Commemoritive Society"

Neil - sounds great and I'm jealous. We'll get Tim to join and have him draw some blood from one of his "patients" and bring it along in case you need it on top!! ;)

Prayer flags ordered and in the mail. These will fly to bless all who hike in the ADK and NE so be looking for them if you're out on the trails...

More details as we settle plans...

Maybe it's my hyperactive imagination.
Maybe it isn't.

It has come to my attention that Bubba's posts have a heavy whiff of the hallucinogenic warrior gone straight.
In spite of the clean, Bobby Vinton look, his posts smack of Woodstock, Jimi H., Sgt. P and Arlo Guthrie's "Don't check my bags if you please, Mr. Customs man."

In spite of these (barely) forgivable shortcomings :rolleyes: I will do my level best to be there on ADK 46-er Peak # 24 (actually I havn't a clue as to the # but 24 sounds about right) and moreso, at the big party afterwards.

Go Bubba go!