52 WAV patch?

vftt.org

Help Support vftt.org:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Buffalo

Reaction score
Now that there is a nine-year-old hiker in our life who has decided to tackle the 52 WAV list, I was wondering if there is (or ever was) a patch for completion? There isn't anything about it on the Over the Hill Hikers blog so I was just curious.
Dan

I thought I had seen one on a pack at some summit once...... (I want to say it was a 5 on the left the 2 on the right & WAV in the middle going from the top to the bottom, like below, ignore the periods.)

...W
5 A 2
...V

I have not seen a patch that shows "52". The original 52WAV list was created for NH4k completers to make a list that totaled 100 peaks. The patch I've seen is a copy of the AMC patch in red and green with the number "100" and "OTH" for Over the Hill. I don't know if they still make or give that out.

Last edited:
Thanks everyone!
Michelle - I considered beginning with the Fire Tower list as that's a fun one, but once she got a taste of Dickey-Welsh and Monadnock, that was it for her. It's just up, up, up now. I'm not sure how long I'll even be able to keep her to the 52WAV list before she demands an attempt at a 4,000 footer. And once she does that, then I'm pretty sure the 52 list will be a thing of the past LOL
Ellen - You're right, if we continue and finish, we may just build our own patch.
Mike, Evil and Barking - I checked around at the Over the Hill site but didn't see any reference there.
Motabobo - That's an interesting design, I wonder if it's an actual patch or digital?

Yes... there is a lovely 52wav patch, that can be acquired through the Over the Hill Hikers club. Send me an e-mail and I'll give you the contact (I don't want to post his name & number on such a large site without permission)

Beth

btzimr at gmail dot com