A Real Corker Coming This Week?

vftt.org

Help Support vftt.org:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Unscientific measure (my 12-year old came in from sledding and pointed to the top of his boots): about 8" to 9" in Waterville Valley at 1600 feet. Wind is picking up now and we have a combo of falling and blowing snow at 2:50pm.

A friend skied this AM and reported 6"+ before noon on Tecumseh, blowing strongly, with deep powder along the edges and "firm" understory with some wind-polish on the High Country trails -- said that the skiing was good but the wind a bit harsh.

About 10 inches of damp snow in SE NH. Hardly any wind, compared to other areas. Intermittent light rain started around 3 p.m., but it cannot dampen our spirits! Should be a good base for the winter, given the forecasted trend over the next several days and the date on the calendar. :D

A very windblown compacted 10 inches in Enfield, NH. Hard to measure so I had to find a spot that was out of the wind. Good storm thought.

-Mattl

9 inches on my deck in Campton, NH.

Nice snowshoeing today up into Dickey Notch, good light snow. Wind gusts sure were ripping once we got up to a mini-peak above the notch.

Sounds like it was quite a storm for New Eng. I heard there was a gust to 87 mph in Huntington VT, and many other 60 gusts and one 74 mph gust, but I can't recall the town.

It was also somewhat of an overperformer, with many locations either getting the high end of the predictions, or surpassing it. Good stuff. Now get out and do some winter hiking, because I can't!!

Out here in the West we got hammered by the storm when it came in off the Pacific Sunday nite and Monday. I had to make a trip down to southern CA on Monday, and managed to make it back thru a mountain pass 30 minutes before it was closed down. I'd brought a sleeping bag/pad just in case, but fortunately didn't need it.

It was amazing that a storm of such strength could push all the way across the continent.

How much snow here? Who knows? (Who cares?) The wind was the big story on this one. A very large 18' long fir branch slammed into our house and took the phone wire down. I could hear the white pines crashing in the woods. Lotsa cleanup to do everywhere. Power just came back on.