ADK Forum - New ownershp

vftt.org

Help Support vftt.org:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

mavs00

Reaction score
posted with permission from peakbagr....

Some of you may or may not have have heard this yet, but ADK Forum (the largest Adirondack-based outdoor recreation forum with over 3000 members) was recently acquired my myself and Neil (the co-owners of ADKhighpeaks.com).

We know that many of you ADK interested folks may have, at one time or another, visited this site and for one reason or another drifted off. I invite you to come on back and see what going on. I am fairly certain that you will like what you see.

Just as a personal aside............. both Adirondack sites controlled by me and Neil are modeled after the finest back-country site on the planet. VFTT. To Darren, Alan, Dave and the rest of the gang here, we thank you for the support and more importantly thanks for being a shining beacon of how to do this "internet thing" right.

we invite you to visit:

http://www.adkforum.com
http://www.adkhighpeaks.com/forums

I have drifted as well but over the last week have been their frequently. I hope it remains the same friendly place as ADKHIGHPEAKS :) Only time will tell and as long as Mavs and Neil try and keep the peace over there things should be fine. Thanks again!

Adam

Raymond said:
It wasn’t yours right along, Tim? I could have sworn it was part of your Web site.

Nope, never part of ADKhighpeaks. In recent months though, it was owned by Dick (rhin here I beleive) and he and I do share a similar hiking idiology though, so perhaps that could have lead to the confusion.

And Adam................ Bank on it ;)

And Tom, I dont find that the least bit funny :cool: :eek: :D

{okay, just a touch, but not much}

Tom Rankin said:
It's finally been revealed! Kevin and Tim are the same person! :eek: :D :confused: :cool: :p ;)
Kevin.....Costener, Stacey, Kline, Bacon?

And my last name is Young. :D

BlackSpruce said:
So, you are going to talk to each other on three websites simultaneously instead of two! You will be spending more time in front of your computer screen than hugging trees... I take it you are waiting for winter to come back to enjoy the outdoors.

You do realize I live 270 miles away from the nearest trailhead? If I get up there 15-18 times a year (my average), I'm happy. For me (and I suspect many like me), this is how we walk in the woods when we can't be walking in the woods. :cool:

If I ever win the lotto, or otherwise find a way to be "out there" on a more regular basis. You'll see nothing but an empty hole in the internet and vapor trails as I disappear. Heeeeeeey, come to think of that's a pretty good fundraiser right there. I take cash or charge ;)

Waiting for winter? What, so I can embarass myself in front of you again? Oh yeah, can't wait :D

Last edited:
ADK High Peaks and ADK Forums, two great tastes that taste better together!

Hey, who put the High Peaks in my forum...no! Who put the Forum in my High Peaks??

(ok, I'm goofy today)

I just bought a satellite phone and a PDA. Now I can monitor the forums while I hike as well as follow my progress on the screen in real time. At this moment in time I am sitting typing this from the fire tower on Pillsbury Mountain. What a day!