Almost 103.9 miles and 6800+ meters

vftt.org

Help Support vftt.org:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

FARMER

Reaction score
Had a really good time and learned alot about myself but slipped off a rock and pulled a shin muscle at mile 22 and kept moving pain free until mile 65 when the muscle pull began to slow me to a snails pace on the descents. Then around mile 75 I missed a turn as I was distracted by the extreme leg pain and by the time I realized I was off course it had cost me an hour and a half to get back on track and get to the next aid station at Kentmere. But being semi lost got some adrenalin pumping and I was moving pain free again so I decided to go for Ambleside at mile 88 where Rebecca had been waiting for several hours. Right after the first climb out of Kentmere my shin pain had returned and I decided it wasn't worth inflicting what I figured would be 6+ hours of additional trauma due to my slowed pace to cover the rest of the course. So I dropped out at Ambleside 16 miles from the finish. According to the GPS I was using I covered 92 miles and 19261 feet of gain and never got higher than 2186 above sea level in a little over 26 hours. So almost twice as far as i've been before.
Can't wait for the torn muscle to heal which is bruised from foot to knee and get back training for the next race. I'll post a link with some pictures from the course and one of my sweet bruise too.

some pictures from arund the course http://rebby.smugmug.com/UK-year-ab...ict-April-2010/11750528_Rfg94#942679084_AnFfo

Last edited:
Sorry about the injury, that sucks. But wow, still an impressive feat to have accomplished, especially given the injury and the time off-course, and congrats on that!

Pretty sweet. Ton of gain, dealing with injury, getting lost and recovering, making tough decisions.. you'll be able to use this as more of a building block to future success for sure.

60 miles on a bum leg, that's pretty darn impressive. Well done, next time watch where you step. :)

dang muscles.. always gettin' in the way.

nice job there, farm boy.