Andro 5/5 and Saco 5/6

vftt.org

Help Support vftt.org:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

SherpaKroto

Reaction score
No Reading, MA Avatar: Crater Rim, Mt Rainier, 8/4
Full trip report on Trip reports (duh). Just wanted to add a bit on conditions here:

Andro: from Mollidgewock to Seven Islands. Water fairly high (4.5-5 feet at Errol Dam) made for rollers on all class II rapids. Standing wave at Seven Islands very nice! Water extremely cold. The fish aren't biting yet. ~5.5 miles from the Mollidgwock sign. 5-6 sets of class II.

Saco: River street in Bartlett to Covered bridge on 302. Some rocky/bony sections, but mostly clear of strainers. You do need to scout your route as there are some very shallow spots. In general, river right seemed the best choice on all forks. Some tight spots requiring maneuvering, but nothing real hard. A nice section with many short class II rapids. Hardest is just around the bend above the covered bridge. This section will very soon be too shallow to paddle. Go now!

Hey Sherpa, you doing these in your rec/touring kayak or did you go out and get a WW one?

Love to get a plastic kayak to toss around someday..

Jay

Just using my trusty Dagger 11.5 Blackwater. Long enough to stow everything for a weekend, short enough to be very maneuverable, great tracking (retractable skeg), large cockpit ('nuff said :eek: ). Overall, it's my perfect all-around yak. Up to class II+ it is a dream, beyond that, don't know... yet ;)

C'mon up (ME/NH/MA). Anytime. I plan a lot of paddling this year. I can still sit with the best of them!