Another Big Sale at EMS - Moved from trips & events

vftt.org

Help Support vftt.org:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I wasn't aware of the $20 off, but as for the $25 gear card:

-Spend more than $100 and get a $25 coupon (Gear Card).
-You can use this card from June 1st to end of Sept when you spend at least $50. So spend $50 - $25 = $25

If you are planning on buying more than $200, separate your stuff into two purchases of over $100 if possible and get two $25 cards.

Last edited:
I've only seen the extra $20 off in the e-mail I got from EMS. I think you have to be signed up for their email list to get that one. It says you have to print it up and bring it to the store to get the deal (of course, you just need the code to get the deal on the website).

who said anything about a general percentage off?

right now at EMS it is as Tom and cbcbd said...$20 off $100 or more (for EVEVRYONE, not just people on the email list) and a $25 Gear Bucks card (7/1-9/30, when purchasing $50 or more of FULL priced items).

the $20 off ends on the 29th, the $25 card deal ends on the 6th.

at the store I work at we are NOT making anyone fill anything out, we mention and give the discounts to everyone.

Charly - guess all EMS stores are not equal. We forgot our email when we visited the N. Conway store today so were only given the $25 gear card. Kudos to your store for clearly going above and beyond!

Charly said:
at the store I work at we are NOT making anyone fill anything out, we mention and give the discounts to everyone.

Charly, do you work at the Portland store? Love it there, and conveniately located next to Wild Oats and the indoor rockclimbing gym. :D

I can confirm that we got both the $20 off and $25 Gift Card when we went shopping Friday in Poughkeepsie. And we got both twice! My girlfriend got the discount and my son got it as well. The ad I got said you can just use the promotional code, without the coupon, that I quoted in the O.P.

Since David and Laurie also had gift cards, it felt like we were just taking free items from the store! :eek: :D

Artex said:
Charly, do you work at the Portland store? Love it there, and conveniately located next to Wild Oats and the indoor rockclimbing gym. :D

ha! no, I work at the other Maine store. We are inconveniently located next to a jewelry store and a GNC....right near a Claire's (which gets all the 16 year od girl traffic, not our target customer)

and Hind is 20% off, but that is just one sale that had been going on since before the memorial day sale and still is (not sure when it ends)

and regarding N.Conway...no wonder we are beating them in sales (not that I really give a crap)

I tell EVERY customer I address about the sale...why the heck would i keep it a secret or make people jump through a hoop for it....and the company wants us to talk it up.

and no promotional code is needed in a store....there is no where for us to type it into the register..so you can come and tell me it and I would just be like...ok. The sale is listed on in store promotional signs and material as well as catalogs we are distibuting...so i don't know why some stores are acting like it's something secret or special.

Last edited:
I bought a Bear Vault yesterday and other stuff, only got a $25 card...will ask about the $20 off...I'm going back tonight to buy a water filter...

Charly said:
ha! no, I work at the other Maine store. We are inconveniently located next to a jewelry store and a GNC....right near a Claire's (which gets all the 16 year od girl traffic, not our target customer)

Perhaps you can convince them that Gu is the latest hairstyling product... and just hope they're not allergic to bees. :rolleyes: :) :p

Charly said:
who said anything about a general percentage off?

right now at EMS it is as Tom and cbcbd said...$20 off $100 or more (for EVEVRYONE, not just people on the email list) and a $25 Gear Bucks card (7/1-9/30, when purchasing $50 or more of FULL priced items).

the $20 off ends on the 29th, the $25 card deal ends on the 6th.

Hey Charly,
I guess different stores are doing it different... as sometimes it's done for certain things. My store (Stamford,CT #114 ;) ) wasn't giving $20 off $100... just the Gear Bucks.

The $20 off was also an email that I guess some people received.

The in-store emails they make me read every shift were written to all EMS stores from EMS (and Will the owner), not just particular ones (Augusta-119). At the time you wrote that first post, EMS hadn't added the $20 off yet. I have been clearly under the impression that decisions like that applied universally, but, eh, whatever.

I used to live in Stamford above Murphy's Townhouse and worked as a medic for SEMS and GEMS (maybe I told you that already). How is it down in the belly of the beast?

So after talking to customer service and explaining that we had visited the N Conway store but had forgotten to bring our email, they provided a $20 credit after we faxed them our sales receipt. Kudo's to EMS! Certainly worth it to be on their email list.

Charly said:
I used to live in Stamford above Murphy's Townhouse and worked as a medic for SEMS and GEMS (maybe I told you that already). How is it down in the belly of the beast?
Ha! Yep, we've had this conversation before... :) I work right next door to Murphy's.