Backpacker Mag sports VFTT member pic!

vftt.org

Help Support vftt.org:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

SherpaKroto

Reaction score
No Reading, MA Avatar: Crater Rim, Mt Rainier, 8/4
In the current issue of Backpacker Magazine (August, pp 40-41) is an awesome picture of the Knife Edge on Katahdin. Upon closer inspection, I found it was taken by none other than our own Tim Seaver. Well done - both the shot, and the selection for the mag!

Hope they paid you what it was worth!:D

Yeah, I saw that! And yeah, it is an awesome shot and was taken at about knee height for a unique perspective.

Spence,
As wonderful as the picture is, the experience is one you'll never forget. No matter what direction you will look, the view will be breathtaking. Michelle, Post'rBoy and I got some limited views from Hamlin Ridge on Monday (another "must-do" on Katahdin).

I pray for good weather, a tail wind for the drive, and safe passage for you along the road and trail. Have a blast!

PS. Watch the speed once you leave the Interstate. Michelle's infectious smile, and Post'rBoy's impeccable manners were about all that kept it at a warning ;)

Peak_bgr,

You'll LOVE it!

I went to Baxter for the first time last August and managed to get up there 3 times this year.

The views, the ponds, the moose, even the bumpy road all make it worth a long drive. You'll come out feeling like you only experienced 20% of the whole park and that there is so much to explore in the future.

Have fun!
-Liza, who drives like your granny, so tickets aren't a problem :)

I'll be up in Baxter in a couple of weeks as well. This will be my third trip and I'll be checking off some 4K footers I need for my NE 67. I'm also acting as guide for a few friends who want to get up Katahdin.

Hopefully it will be blue sky and sunshine for the 4 days I'm there!