Banff National Park - "Sawback Trail" - 8/8-8/14

vftt.org

Help Support vftt.org:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

blaze

Reaction score
p450225072-4.jpg

8/8 - Norquay Ski Area, Banff, to Mystic Valley.
8/9 - Larry's Camp. Side trip to Mystic Lake. Over Mystic Pass, 2285 meters.
8/10 - Luellen Lake. Side trips to the Ink Pots, and to the falls at west end of lake.
8/11 - Badger Pass Junction. Side trip to Badger Pass, 2545 m.
8/12 - Wildflower Creek. Over Pulsatilla Pass, 2345 m.
8/13 - Baker Lake. Explorations at the lake; side trip up E side of Fossil Mountain.
8/14 - out to the Fish Creek trailhead in Lake Louise. Over Boulder Pass, 2345 m.

Thanks to Tim, Bev, and Ethan for an outstanding trip!

Photo gallery (panoramic images only) is here - full trip gallery will be created soon.

Last edited:
blaze, excellent pictures. How about the color of Pulsatilla Lake....looks like Windex. Now I have to get out my map and trace your hike on the map. Looking forward to the rest of your photos.

p158650284-4.jpg

Thanks for your comments Billy! It was a great trip. PM me if you have any questions about the route.

Full gallery has been posted here...

Looks like it was an awesome trip! Terrific pictures. The scenery is gorgeous - also like the flower shots too. We definitely have to get back up there for the Sawback trail.

Gorgeous pics and slideshow! We need to get back to the C. Rockies soon!

Looks like it was an awesome trip! Terrific pictures. The scenery is gorgeous - also like the flower shots too. We definitely have to get back up there for the Sawback trail.

Thanks for the kind comments! For my part, I definitely want to go back as well, and next time (as pudgy groundhog suggested) it'll be to go into Assiniboine and day hike from there.

absolutely stunning!!! I've heard Banff was beautiful and your photography proves it ;) Thanks!

Thank you! I almost left my SLR at home for this trip, due to its weight and bulk. At the eleventh hour, sanity returned. I would have been kicking myself!

My home away from home...Love Banff national Park and all the hiking and climbing in that area. I try to hike a few each year...hopefully I'll never finish!!

Assiniboine has my name on it and was hoping to hit it this summer but it will have to wait til next summer....Nepal got in the way and I had to save my vaca time..

Great pics that really show some of the beauty there!! :D I am so glad you took your big camera!!

Banff is a must have big camera area!!! ;)