Base Road - Marshfield Station Parking Status???

vftt.org

Help Support vftt.org:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

BIGEarl

Reaction score
Does anybody have current information on the parking status for Ammonoosuc Ravine - Jewell trails?

Is the trailhead lot now open or are hikers still using the lower lot at Marshfield Station?

Thanks.

:confused:

I dont think the lower USFS lot is ever "open" or "closed", its all dependent on if the snow banks are too high to drive over. Given this weeks warm weather I expect that will not be an issue. The Cogs first run is Saturday (the 27th) so I expect those who prefer to park at the Cog will get to pay for parking if the parking staff is present, then again they may be running short staffed early season. The cog is only open weekends until late May so during the week I expect hikers could park at the cog lot for free until they are running 7 days per week.

Thanks Dennis.

Yeah, it's a poor choice of words. The only "open" or "closed" part of the trailhead lot is the outhouse. I believe it is blocked shut (closed) in winter.

I'm heading up the Jewell tomorrow, didn't even think about this (I should have though!)... thanks for the heads-up guys. Guess I'll figure it out when I get there.