Basin and Saddleback: winter

vftt.org

Help Support vftt.org:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
the hike

well it sounds like we have our basic plan for food.

I hope some of you stronger types don't mind breaking trail all the way for us old and slightly lame people. I will be more than happy to cheer you on and give moral support and advice.

happy trails....

Trip

I will be arriving later on Friday and if not too late will bring desert. If too late it will be the midnight snack. Ill update by Weds.

Anyone interested in hitting the lower range (Saddleback,Gothics - Wolfjaws) instead on Haystack/Basin/Saddleback?

I think dinner is all set. But snacks are always cool. We got 4 inches overnite here with more expected this evening. This should make for trailwork up Haystack interesting.

The trip this weekend

Hello everyone: It might be difficult for some of us to reach the Garden by car. Depending on your plans, should we think about sharing a ride into the parking lot for those whose cars can not make it?

I might be one of those people.

I guess one could hike in from the Roster Comb parking area.

If people want to share rides into the Garden lets set a place and time to meet. :eek:

RTSpoons said:
Hello everyone: It might be difficult for some of us to reach the Garden by car. Depending on your plans, should we think about sharing a ride into the parking lot for those whose cars can not make it?

I might be one of those people.

I guess one could hike in from the Roster Comb parking area.

If people want to share rides into the Garden lets set a place and time to meet. :eek:

I have 4 wheel drive and I should be up there around noon. Shoot me a PM if you want a ride.

adam

Do we have the code for the door yet? I plan to arrive at Peggy O' mid morning so as to climb LWJ in the afternoon.

peak_bgr said:
I wish it was my big finish. But, I think you have me mistaken for some other tall, dark, handsome guy. :eek:

And who would that be? ;)

peak_bgr said:
Anyhow, we can cellebrate like it was after if you want. You guys can wait on me hand and foot, refill my beer, get mea new one when the old one gets warm. WAIT-no it is my big finish. Adam thanks for reminding me.

Good Luck on your BIG finish Spencer!! :D

You guys must be hauling in there right now... have Fun!

Just wanted to let people know that Spencer and a group of 6 climbed Haystack, Basin & Saddleback.
I'm sure someone will soon write a full trip report.

Haystack, Basin, and Saddleback

I've tried to post a report four times but some reason the site will not allow me. :(

Can't post report

Yes, I tried again this morning. I type out a report, hit submit, and I am taken to a sign in page. It is as if the thread had timed out or there is some limit.

Pictures

I didn't realize how many pictures you had at first. Some very nice shots.

Great hiking with you and the rest of the gang.

Happy trails....