best donuts in the Adirondacks?

vftt.org

Help Support vftt.org:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Stewarts sell doughnuts!

There is nothing more you need in life that is not sold at Stewarts. - Ancient Chinese Proverb.

Jay

The best ADK doughnut is Wr/ALG/IRO/MAR/Cliff/Red/Gray/SkyL/Ma/TT/Phps

Stewarts sell doughnuts!

There is nothing more you need in life that is not sold at Stewarts. - Ancient Chinese Proverb.

Jay

I think you mean Ancient Chinatown Proverb

I got some really good doughnuts once in Tupper Lake.

They were really good but I can't remember the name of the place because I ate too many.

I know many of the doughnuts had a hole in the middle, if that helps narrow it down.

i hope this does not turn into a
"who has better donuts, the whites or the ADK's?" thread.

Well; clearly the ADK's have better doughnuts...but the Whites have better donuts.

But I hear they're nothing compared to out west. That's where the real donuts are.

I'm disappointed that I've not gotten better suggestions, though. I mean, sure, Dunkin Donuts or Stewarts are acceptable...but no one has any insight on some nice homemade donuts somewhere w/i the Blue Line? Let me put together a checklist of what's important to me in a donut, in the next day or so. Maybe that will help elicit some responses.

The best donuts are neither in Adirondacks, nor the Whites, they are in the Greens--the cider doughnuts at the Cold Hollow Cider Mill, Waterbury Center, Vermont.

There's also a farmstand in South Hero that has first-rate cider doughnuts.

Last edited:
When I come into the parking lot at the Loj I usually pull a pretty nice donut spraying gravel all over the rangers and their bear canister display.

I do not know. Don't do donuts anymore. Except for that dinky donut in my trunk.

I mean wasn't there a First Lady campaign against them? Just say no to donuts, or something like that. Then someone conjectured that they had surreptitiously renamed a WMNF summit after her; and it all became too controversial and the topic was forever banned from hiking forums. Or maybe it was more recent.

Speaking of those Vermont Dinky Donuts. They do not look too dinky in the photos on their website, but it is hard to tell. Don't they know it's important to include a hiking boot or GPS as a reference point. Mmmm, maple caramel. Might have to come out of donut retirement for that one.

Best doughnuts in the Adirondacks hands down are at the laundromat in Tupper Lake. No joke. I would scarf down a maple-frosted doughnut every time I was there doing my laundry.

I like to buy donuts, let them stale out and then use them as rappell rings.

It works as long as my belay squirrel doesn't get hungry.

I do not know. Don't do donuts anymore. Except for that dinky donut in my trunk.

I mean wasn't there a First Lady campaign against them? Just say no to donuts, or something like that. Then someone conjectured that they had surreptitiously renamed a WMNF summit after her; and it all became too controversial and the topic was forever banned from hiking forums. Or maybe it was more recent.

Speaking of those Vermont Dinky Donuts. They do not look too dinky in the photos on their website, but it is hard to tell. Don't they know it's important to include a hiking boot or GPS as a reference point. Mmmm, maple caramel. Might have to come out of donut retirement for that one.

the donuts are not "dinky" in size at all, actually very large. they have a maple frosted with bacon that they sell at the farmers market in burlington. i do not eat bacon, but...i have heard great things about it. it is basically the maple frosted with chunks of bacon on it.
perhaps it is just the donut jason is looking for....

the donuts are not "dinky" in size at all, actually very large. they have a maple frosted with bacon that they sell at the farmers market in burlington. i do not eat bacon, but...i have heard great things about it. it is basically the maple frosted with chunks of bacon on it.
perhaps it is just the donut jason is looking for....
Who would eat a donut with a meat product on it? That's disgusting. Same as "Lobster Ice Cream" which the freaks in Bar Harbor have.

I wonder what Gary thinks of all this. We should consult the all knowing Gary.

-Dr. Wu

Who's that, Gary Moody? What kind of donut are we talking about?

Who would eat a donut with a meat product on it? That's disgusting. Same as "Lobster Ice Cream" which the freaks in Bar Harbor have.

I wonder what Gary thinks of all this. We should consult the all knowing Gary.

-Dr. Wu

ill buy some next time we hike together.

jason can pick the meat off

ill buy some next time we hike together.

jason can pick the meat off
Gross. that sounds vaguely erotic.

How about donuts with cigarette butts stuck in them? That sounds disgusting but could have possibilities...

-Dr. Wu

Status
Not open for further replies.