Bondcliff trail conditions?

vftt.org

Help Support vftt.org:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Zimmer

Reaction score
Anyone been up the Bondcliff trail during the past week or so? Conditions? Snowshoes or crampons required?

Thanks in advance.

No. But I'm hearing that there is still snow above 3K in many places in the Whites and that even where snow has melted off above and below that, some more popular winter trails remain packed with snow or melted snow that has refrozen to ice. Below freeezing temps tonight will harden up melting trails to ice for tomorrow.

Thanks. I'm familiar with the general conditions up here, and assumed that crampons or snowshoes would be necessary on pretty much any higher hike, but Dr. D's trail condition report on Osceola made me wonder whether there were any other local above-treeline hikes that might be relatively clear.

I was up on Bondcliff yesterday. Snow starts about 3200' till treeline, where it is completely bare. If you are just going up and down the Bondcliff Trail from the Wilderness Trail, I wouldn't bring snowshoes, but maybe crampons if it's a cool day, and was below freezing the night before.

I posted a trail conditions report Here

Wow, Frodo. You didn't have much ambition yesterday, did you? :D

Thanks for the trip report.