Bonds thhis weekend

vftt.org

Help Support vftt.org:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

packdan

Reaction score
I'm planning to bag the Bonds (my 3 last 4Ks)this weekend.We want to go by Lincoln Woods and Bondcliff trails.

My first question is concerning the crossing of the brooks along Bondcliff trail.

Do you think they are passable ?
And my second concern is about the trail conditions.Do you think I should bring my crampons ?

Thanks
Danny

bikehikeskifish said:
Will the bridge over Franconia Brook be intact this weekend?

Tim

The signs say they will finish Nov 9th. Then again, this is a government operation so anything can happen.

packdan said:
I'm planning to bag the Bonds (my 3 last 4Ks)this weekend.We want to go by Lincoln Woods and Bondcliff trails.

My first question is concerning the crossing of the brooks along Bondcliff trail.

Do you think they are passable ?
And my second concern is about the trail conditions.Do you think I should bring my crampons ?

Thanks
Danny

Bridge question aside, the brook crossings on Bondcliff trail aren't difficult. I don't think crampons would be much use at this stage, but can't give a first-hand report.

Mount Washington had at least ten inches of snow this week. Its going to be a chilly weekend. I'd bring winter gear, including traction, just in case. Have fun! I'm jealous!

grouseking

No problems at all with any brook crossings on this route, but if the bridge is still closed for repairs you'll have a really tough time doing that crossing.

No clue about the need for crampons.

Expect a beautiful view of the snow-capped Franconia Ridge.

happy trails :)

Based on what I saw this past Sunday, I think that the bridge is only "closed" for liability reasons, as only one hand rail was missing (i.e., the workers still need a way to get across to the other side).