Broken Grivels

vftt.org

Help Support vftt.org:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
There was a problem a few years ago with Grivel North America, and they lost their NA distributorship for awhile but I thought that is over.. Might try to contact a grivel dealership, (like the Mountaineer in Keene)...

Jay

Lahouts Summit Shop in Lincoln has the G-10s and some parts - I just bought spare bars. Note that if you need short bars, I have extras which are of no value at all to me, so PM me if that is what you need.

Tim

Lahouts Summit Shop in Lincoln has the G-10s and some parts - I just bought spare bars. Note that if you need short bars, I have extras which are of no value at all to me, so PM me if that is what you need.

Tim

How would i know if they are the short bars..?? im guessing they are original as i bought them New/used never worn.. only used them this year on 11 of 13 hikes and they broke right at the end where the tee is in front.

If you hadn't checked the Grivel site, which I would imagine is where you found the number, they also have an email listed and a page for contacting them.

http://www.grivel.com/company/contacts

[email protected]

It really doesn't hurt to email and see what they say. They might have some sort of distributorship set back up in North America. Worst comes to worst they can probably tell you what stores would possibly have parts you might need.

I had a product question (not repair) of Grivel last week, and they directed me to their US distributor, Liberty Mountain in SLC, Utah. It looks like they also have a presence in Montoursville, PA.

Grivel's also now sell a flexible bar. And, FWIW - I setup my Grivels to be in "flexible mode", even the ones I use on my plastics. It doesn't reduce their effects, but it does reduce stress/metal fatigue.

Last edited:
I also have two flexible bars that I bought from another retailer and use them on my Koflach's. I also carry two rigid bars that came with the Grivel's as backup.