BSP - Chimney Pond - 3.9-13.06

vftt.org

Help Support vftt.org:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

spencer

Reaction score
Maine Avatar: We could use some snow around here
Well, none of us got around to writing up a formal trip report, but Al was good enough to put together some of his thoughts about it on
ROT (I couldn't get a direct reference to post #7 on that page so you have to scroll down a bit) and I put up our aggregate photo collection.

It was an incredible trip with a great group of people and perhaps the other trip members will pipe in with some comments...

Spencer

Last edited by a moderator:
Very cool photos. I never get tired of looking at pics of Katahdin... winter pics are even better. My boss has visited Baxter the last two winters and is thinking of planning a trip next year for a few of us in the office... keeping my fingers crossed!

Again, nice pics and a very nice report from TramperAl.

Last edited:
awesome pix - I wish I didn't have to cancel on that trip - it looks like you guys had a sweet time. I just officially had that sinking feeling in my stomach about what I missed out on :( :( :( :(

fabulous photos! thanks for sharing!! i love baxter. :D

Spencer you got some awesome shots.
I just love BSP!
Tramper AL did a nice job with the TR.

Just to clarify, I didn't take all of those pictures. It's a collection of pictures from all of our cameras on the trip.

Everyone took some great pictures and I don't want to mistakenly get the credit for them...

thanks for the comments, everyone! We didn't get much response elsewhere so we thought we'd share it here.

spencer

Those are some wonderful photo's. Looks like you guys had wonderful weather too. Did you split up some nights camping and some nights in the cabins. What was the itinerary?

~Dave

great trip report and pics ... looks like BSP has beefed up their bunkhouses:

BSP Bunkhouse

Katahdin in Winter ... you folks are wickid hahdcore ! that icy Slide Trail looked like fun

At first glance I missed the link of your baxter trip on New England High Points. Read it now. Great report. Well done.

I love Baxter!!!

I was looking to forward to a trip like this, but found out that work was going to send me to Las Vegas.

Vegas is ok (except for the miles of slot machines and booming music), but boy did I miss out!
-Liza :(

"Listen. Strange women lying in ponds distributing swords is no basis for a system of government. Supreme executive power derives from a mandate from the masses, not from some farcical aquatic ceremony."

Peasant from Monty Python's The Holy Grail

Same applies for management of Baxter State Park, right?? Just kidding! Katahdin rules!!