Cannon (NH) via Mittersill on a cold afternoon, 01/15/09

vftt.org

Help Support vftt.org:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Jeremy,

Gee, I wonder if you were raised on much television.

A fun read, great photos, an imaginative production all around. However, I do have one major criticism: a "Cannon-winter-Cosby-dance" is not a "Cannon-winter-Cosby-dance" if you are not wearing one of those technicolor sweaters he used to dance in. I'm sorry, this means you wil have to go back up there and do it again - appropriately attired this time.

Gee, I wonder if you were raised on much television.

Surprisingly, not really. We didn't even have cable! I do admit to watching too much TV when I was a kid on winter and spring breaks.

However, I do have one major criticism: a "Cannon-winter-Cosby-dance" is not a "Cannon-winter-Cosby-dance" if you are not wearing one of those technicolor sweaters he used to dance in.

I'm proud to say I do not own a single one of those sweaters, nor do I intend to add one to my wardrobe in the near future. At least now, when I wander the vast streets and alleys of Tamworth doing my Cosby impression, I am left alone. If I were to do that with one of the Cosby sweaters, I would likely be committed.

At least now, when I wander the vast streets and alleys of Tamworth doing my Cosby impression, I am left alone.
Hmmm! The “vast streets and alleys of Tamworth”!
Didn’t know that the plural case could be applied to the words “street” and “alley” within the context of Tamworth. :D
But hey! Maybe there is a TR in the making here?!

Hmmm! The “vast streets and alleys of Tamworth”!
Didn’t know that the plural case could be applied to the words “street” and “alley” within the context of Tamworth. :D
But hey! Maybe there is a TR in the making here?!

The vast streets and alleys of Tamworth are so well known that even Bruce Springsteen has a song written about them ("Streets of Tamworth-elphia"). An exerpt from the lyrics:

The Boss said:
I was eating Jello pudding
I acted with Robert Culp
I need a rhyme, I'll use pulp
Basketball is my favorite sport
I like the way they dribble up and down the court
On the streets of Tamworth-elphia

I have one of those sweaters as an old Christmas gift if you'd like to borrow...Hey..what can I say..grew up in Pravadence..my sister still lives there and loves the Cosby look....She thinks the style is coming back...or maybe it was on sale at Ocean State Job Lot or something.....

Nice TR...

Jeremy! Timely, as they are talking about reopening Mittersill.

That Cosby dance would look better in a kilt. You could start a trend!

KDT

Last edited:
mittersill11.jpg

I thought it was a neat time to be at the top of it, as the late day sunrays made the towers appear to still have fresh paint on them.

Late day sun rays (as well as early morning rays) paint the world in such a unique way, with amazing colors. I love viewing how my surroundings change as the sunlight slants its way across the horizon. Great report and awesome pictures! Thank you for sharing.

Estival -7 degrees..... great use of the word!
Nice report! Being a Franconia guy I enjoyed reliving memories of many runs down Cannon over the saddle and down Mittersill.
I can still remember many powder runs on Baron's when Mittersill closed
Climbing Stallion/BMT