Catskill 3500

vftt.org

Help Support vftt.org:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
slide

Slide is a really nice hike for kids.There is a view and a nice big rock on top. You can do it as a loop taking the Curtis-Ormsby trail for your descent. It has some really nice rock outcroppings and a nice view of Table mountain looking like a Table.:) There are always a lot of people hiking the carriage road, but no one on the Curtis-Ormsby trail.

Rivet said:
I read that there is an airplane crash on Overlook Mountain below the trail just where you start to get views. Any body seen it?

There is a separate thread going on now about Catskill plane crashes...

If anyone wants to do any winter hiking in the Catskills, there are (or will be soon) many scheduled Catskill 3500 Club lead hikes all winter long.

Also, Dawn, ERD, and I are all hike leaders for the club. We can be contacted and put together a group for winter hikes. I need more than half of them myself, and I could probably be talked into repeating some of them!

I done a lot of my 3500 peaks in winter as I tend to enjoy hiking more and love snowshoeing, actually, my first Catskill peak, Wittenberg was done in January with snowshoes from Woodland Valley. But usually, I like to go in real small groups and get real early starts...

Jay