Catskill 3500

vftt.org

Help Support vftt.org:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

mommabear

Reaction score
Wow!! It's been a long time since I've posted on this site! I'm a 46er and now want to complete my Catskill 35. I'm getting help with scheduled hikes from ADK but would like to hike with others instead of hiking solo with the rest. Any suggestions of how to conquer the 35 and/or who else I might contact to hike with?

http://www.catskill-3500-club.org/joining.htm

The Catskills 3500 club also has a newsletter (called "The Catskill Canister" that lists scheduled hikes led by 3500 club members on the weekends, you could also hook up with them as well. You can find a schedule on the website listed above but it is also a good idea to register so you can get sent the Canister or available electronically. In the Canister, not only are there articles about the Catskills but a list of led hikes (limited space available) that members do to the mostly the 3500 club peaks.

Also might want to check out:

http://forums.adkhighpeaks.com/index.php

They have a specific Catskills section where more catskill denizens haunt. :)

Jay

Absolutely. I just haven't been able to plan something far enough in advance to get it on the schedule. Hopefully this fall.

Ed
Good to know, thanks.

In spite of our ever increasing number of yearly finishers, well, maybe because of that, we are having trouble filling out our schedule.

Ed, the Catskill Mountain Club is another good alternative. Some very knowledgeable trip leaders and participants. I learn a lot from some of the participants on the CMC hikes.
Very friendly and sociable group of hikers and you can find their schedule online.

The professional 3500 Club outings schedule, by necessity, requires a long lead time to plan, schedule and get it out to print and online.
The CMC outings schedule goes out a distance, but because it's an online-only schedule, they can add trips on short notice that might work for your timetable.
Both Clubs are excellent, just different.

Hi Ed,

I'll keep my eye open for ADK Long Island chapter hikes. I belong to Albany ADK and I know Long Island is pretty active! Thanks.