cheap used gear wanted

vftt.org

Help Support vftt.org:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Chip

Reaction score
Mods: Just looking for some input, not trying to initiate a "Marketplace", but delete this if it's not appropriate. Thanks.

If anybody has a lead on used (cheap or free for removal) kayaks and canoes, could you let me know? I need to assemble a flotilla. Willing to pick up almost anywhere in the northeast. PM me here. Thanks.

Chip, check out www.paddling.net I see stuff for sale in their classified section. You might also check some sleep away camps that might be getting rid of stuff AFTER the summer. If I spot stuff I'll call you.

Thanks. Good info on paddling.net and I've just started looking at Craigslist. (kind of a cumbersome system there, having to look at each state/region. Too bad I'm not looking for hot tubs and pianos, plenty of them being given away.)

I'll probably end up with 3 or 4 kayaks and 1 or 2 canoes for use by beginners on fairly calm rivers and lakes. Nothing high-end needed yet and I've already located 1 "free for removal" kayak down here.

Last edited:
This is probably not the best time of year to be looking for a good deal on a used boat, but good luck.

Understood, but I'm looking for the gear collecting dust in the yard or garage, not someone's new toy.

Craigslist is funny; more than 1 listing out there trying to sell a Dick's $180 'yak for $300 obo, used. :cool: Good work if you can get away with it, I guess.

Well, then I would set up a search on google

"kayak site:xxxxx.craigslist.org" where xxxxx is the nearest one and "kayak" is whatever you want to find.

Then have google email you whenever google detects a new kayak ad on the site. You will need a gmail account and be logged into it when you are using google to set up this search. The email alert settings will appear at the bottom of your first search results page.

You can probably set up multiple searches for northwestct, hartford, fairfield etc etc.