"climb for the wrong reasons"

vftt.org

Help Support vftt.org:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
giggy said:
I guess jesus never took a business writing class - that quote is not short, distinct, nor too the point

I hike for the right reasons - becuase I love it :D :D
I hike because I love Giggy!! The both of us love to go 'whacking!!

-Dr. Wu

guess I shouldn't have blown off sunday school to make out with girls in the woods
ROTFLOL!!! :D Gig, man we gotta go hiking. Don't know about an overnighter w/ ya tho...

Sorry, VFTTop-er, you'll get yer reward in heaven.

SERIOUSLY, Nista nailed it. What Bowden was probably referring to was when folks get list obsessed and end up not enjoying the moment. I'm sure everyone has their own stories about meeting people out in the mountains who really weren't having fun because they were all anal about this, that or the other. Just one of many that sticks out in my head was a father daughter I ran into in the Whites several summers ago. She was having BAD knee pain, maybey because she was 15 and nearly six foot - growing like a weed. They were newbies and her dad was bagging S. Twin and wouldnt even stop to hear her complaints. I wrapped one knee, gave her one of my poles and told her to hike her own hike. But really I wanted to run up the trail ahead & open up a can of whoop a-- on her dad.

Gris said:
ROTFLOL!!! :D Gig, man we gotta go hiking. Don't know about an overnighter w/ ya tho...

anytime - SK mentiond you live in FLA? I am harmless and married these days, only make out with myself in the woods now - self love dude

if your gonna be up here in may/jun give me a PM - got some stuff in the hopper - and it always involves 4 letter words and after hike liquor.

I do know of one guy who hiked for the wrong reason.

A couple years ago, this guy was speeding down I-91. I don't recall if that was his only crime at the time or not. The Vermont state police was pursuing him. A few miles ahead, state trooper set up a spike strip. When he saw the spike strip he swerved into the median, ran the trooper over, killing the trooper. He continued on foot, down to the Connecticut River and got away. He was eventually found in Pennsylvania by state troopers on the AT.

Whether it be lists, exercise, spiritualism or any other reason; If you're not having fun and doing it for yourself it's for the wrong reasons - IMO.

Last edited: