Coreys Road

vftt.org

Help Support vftt.org:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

packdan

Reaction score
Has someone been to Coreys Road lately ?If the gate is not closed,we would like to climb Seymour next thursday (dec 6).

Thanks
Danny

With the current forecast of above-freezing temperatures and snow melted today in Keene, I would expect no problem with Coreys Road this week.

Sorry for hijacking the thread. I read the linked site about closing it during the Spring thaw season. Usually when do they reopen for summer use? Was thinking of going in early June, 2013. If closed, how many miles does the road walk add? At least the days are long....:rolleyes:

The road normally opens in early to late May, depending on conditions. It should be open in early June. From the bridge, it is 3 miles to the trailhead, or about 1/4 mile less from the Raquette River horse trail trailhead where the gate is. The short distance from the bridge to the gate involves a wet area which can be bad, even though it is before the gate. If in doubt, park near the bridge.

thanks for the link to the High Peaks Forum - posts there seem to be the latest. I drove in the road on 11/29 with no problems but am planning on driving in again on 12/21 and trying to stay on top of the conditions.