Cougar came from South Dakota

vftt.org

Help Support vftt.org:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Why do you think some of us are so eager to get *out* of CT suburbia?

:rolleyes::eek:;)
Left Cheshire CT in 2006 and have never looked back. My sister-law used to live in Newtown, nice town, although out of my price range.

Another article I read in Adirondack Life (?) suggests that there are too many roads and cars here for that too happen.

I don't think they wind up dead all over the roads in the city of Boulder CO -- but I see your point (and they would have the backdrop of the Rockies here like they do there)

Had a friend in Nederland who was doing PhD research at UC Boulder...she shared with me many motion sensing camera photos from Boulder city parks-- lots of nightime cougar activity downtown, and I *don't mean* the kind Mad River was suggesting! They are very adaptable.

Maybe they are moving East with some internal guidance system?
They likely are wandering in other directions. However, if they go to a place with an existing population, they will not stand out enough to be tested for their place of origin.

Also, an existing population may tend to "push back" thus discouraging them from going in that direction.

Doug

They likely are wandering in other directions. However, if they go to a place with an existing population, they will not stand out enough to be tested for their place of origin.

Also, an existing population may tend to "push back" thus discouraging them from going in that direction.

Doug

Excellent points! ;-)

This one was verified by real evidence.

However, a single individual does not indicate a self-sustaining or continuous population--this one appears to have been a lone wanderer.

Doug