currently snowless routes to alpine zone?

vftt.org

Help Support vftt.org:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

forestgnome

Reaction score
Yes, I'm a wimp about slipping for an hour on the monorail. I'm hoping for recent reports of snow-free trails up to the Presidentials, or other alpine zone. It doesn't matter what trail or to what ridge or mountain. This should be the last weekend in question. After that, I'm heading for the Alpine Garden no matter the trail conditions!

happy trails :)

Clear... unlikely.

If I was looking for a trip like that & got no beta from a bbs like this, I'd consider the OBP, it's generally south facing & fairly wide. You may find some snow, but it melts quicker than many other trails. AT least I have found that to be true

Valley Way to Upper Bruin to Airline up to Mt. Adams is snow free. :D

I did the Ammonoosuc - Jewell Trail loop on Sunday. Pathes of snow on the Ammo, but it was still firm enough that you didn't posthole. The Jewell Trail was pretty much snow free. There were still a lot of skiers skiing Airplane Gully near Clay though.

Greenleaf was relatively snow free today. Intermittent patches just below the hut and a just a little bit in Eagle Pass, what couldn't be avoided wasn't postholing.

Israel ridge trail from bowman trailhead to Mt. Adams virtually snow/ice free

Israel ridge trail from bowman trailhead to Mt. Adams virtually snow/ice free. I ran into a few inconsequential patches on 5/27-5/28. Stayed at the Perch. Foggy but still nice.

Glenn