Doing Tux - way the wrong way!

vftt.org

Help Support vftt.org:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Thanks all and thank goodness for the wonders of antibiotics! I'm feeling way better already and may be eating to make up for lost time! :D

Agree with Don Paul - not really sure where I picked this one up. My brother-in-law is the one who asked if I had alerted the MD that I did spend time in the woods and "sucked water from ponds". But on the other hand - I'm a diligent hand washer but may have missed an opportunity!

Bottom line, I was nauseated for four weeks waiting through tests trying to pin it down (and trust me, the doctors already had the Big-C talk with me as they were plenty concerned with the symptoms). I really don't care to have that experience again!! Good part is that I kept a fine sense of humor through it all and lived through my family telling me that I looked like "warmed death" and a "holocaust survivor".

Seeker - I knew exactly where you were coming from. Besides, what are friends for if not keeping things in prospective for you!! :cool:

bubba said:
Thanks all and thank goodness for the wonders of antibiotics! I'm feeling way better already and may be eating to make up for lost time! :D
Great!

Agree with Don Paul - not really sure where I picked this one up. My brother-in-law is the one who asked if I had alerted the MD that I did spend time in the woods and "sucked water from ponds". But on the other hand - I'm a diligent hand washer but may have missed an opportunity!
You can do everything right and still get it. All it takes is for someone else to contaminate your food, for instance in a restaurant.

Bottom line, I was nauseated for four weeks waiting through tests trying to pin it down (and trust me, the doctors already had the Big-C talk with me as they were plenty concerned with the symptoms). I really don't care to have that experience again!! Good part is that I kept a fine sense of humor through it all and lived through my family telling me that I looked like "warmed death" and a "holocaust survivor".
My symptoms were periodic---I was ok for a few days, but then had problems for the next few. During the problem periods, food that went in rapidly turned into diarrhea. I became weak and was losing weight. The doc couldn't find it in my stool samples, so he (finally, after a month...) gave me the meds based upon the symptoms and history and it cleared up rapidly. Wasn't much fun and I don't recommend it as a method for losing weight.

Glad your digestive system is on the mend. How is the original fracture doing?

Doug

Last edited:
Lets see....

you're down 15 pounds.....it takes 3500 calories to make a pound....you have about 52,000 calories you can indulge in to make up the weight....

Happy guilt free eating !

Every cloud has a silver lining.

(...how many beers and slices of pizza would that make ?)

Last edited: