Drinking water by Mt Liberty?

vftt.org

Help Support vftt.org:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

coldfeet

Reaction score
Hi, very quick question(s)....is there always water at the spring by the platforms at Liberty Springs trail going toward Mt. Liberty?....I'm bringing iodine tablets and a jetboil, because we are camping out that night....

Question 2....how about critters at night or daytime?...Am I hanging a bag or do I need something else...all we will have are energy bars, oatmeal and the empty dryfood foil packs...

Wonder how cold the night time temps are up there?...looks like some clouds Sat night...thinking about a light down jacket....what about that idea?....I know everyone is different...thx...can't wait for Fri to drive up there....

Hi, very quick question(s)....is there always water at the spring by the platforms at Liberty Springs trail going toward Mt. Liberty?....I'm bringing iodine tablets and a jetboil, because we are camping out that night....

Question 2....how about critters at night or daytime?...Am I hanging a bag or do I need something else...all we will have are energy bars, oatmeal and the empty dryfood foil packs...

Wonder how cold the night time temps are up there?...looks like some clouds Sat night...thinking about a light down jacket....what about that idea?....I know everyone is different...thx...can't wait for Fri to drive up there....

There has always been water when I'm there. We've had some rain recently up here so you should be good.

I'd say hang things from mice more than the bears up there.

As for temps, maybe expect lows overnight in the 20s up high.

Thx TDawg, and I like your avatar, that's where i'm going this weekend....any suggestions about where to camp out really late Fri night (11-12pm)

Just googled the campground...little confused...says cost $18 per night but is that during the summer months?...Is it just a drive in at this time with no one manning the place?...

I think there is caretaker.

By self serve I mean you put your money in an envelope and slip it in the fee tube.

And for the fee,it stays the same all year (in winter the sites are plowed).

the forecast there looks like some rain friday night and early saturday, and pretty cold saturday night, and windy up high...so you'll have it all going on ! good thing is the spring at the tentsite should be flowin'. Saturday afternoon and sunday look like they should be beautiful on the ridge.

so confused on gear to bring...think a large parka is going for the ride with me....also the class mascot named.....you guessed "Liberty"