Fall Foliage

vftt.org

Help Support vftt.org:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

peakbagger

Super Moderator
Staff member
VFTT Supporter
Reaction score
My guess with the unusual weather is that peak will be this upcoming weekend in the north country. The colors do not seem to be as intense, I have a couple of local trees I use as benchmarks and they just do not seem to be as intense. My guess is the wet weather this year might have had an impact. Its supposed to rain this weekend which always seems to line up with peak colors ;).

My brother's family is coming up from Nashville and we rented a place in North Conway for the weekend. I've got the Bubba's Backyard Ultra in Conway on Saturday and they were all planning to go to Storyland. WELP.

I'll be up on the 14th, in the southern area. Maybe I will luck out and get "peak" colors.

My only day off this week is Thursday. I plan on hiking in the Twin Mt. area as I hear that's its peaking or at least in color. Probably hit Mt. Martha, working till midnight Wednesday, so I need an easy day.

Seems ok here 👌

Attachments

• 20231003_160908.jpg
    20231003_160908.jpg
    350.5 KB · Views: 1
Middle Sugarloaf from Mt Oscar yesterday.

Attachments

• 20231004_130843.jpg
    20231004_130843.jpg
    417.7 KB · Views: 1
Up close things look great, but in the distance very muted. Went to Evans Notch and the Fryeburg Fair overnight Monday. Drove the Maine backroads on the way home.

The leaves have been dropping up in Gorham, given the forecast for this weekend, the area north of RT 2 will probably be well past peak.

I was up on Fisher Mtn. yesterday. This area doesn't seem to be at peak yet but I agree with others in that the color that is around is somewhat muted.

I found the foliage less than spectacular in Franconia Notch, still nice, but muted for sure. I give it a 7.5 on the leaf peeping scale. Cmon on stick season, my favorite hiking month, November.