Favorite celebratory beverages

vftt.org

Help Support vftt.org:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Favorite Celebratory Beverage

• Beer

Votes: 37 50.7%
  • Champagne

Votes: 11 15.1%
  • Whiskey or other hard alcohol

Votes: 7 9.6%
  • other

Votes: 18 24.7%

• Total voters

cooperhill

Reaction score
I'm planning on finishing up the 48 NH 4,000 fters this weekend on Isolation. I would like to get folks' opinions on favorite beverages for celebrating such an occasion.

Beer? what kind

Champagne?

Other (hard alcohol)?

Thanks.

Chris

When I finished my 46 I was happy just to have some water left on Emmons. I believe we drank beers after the hike. In the Catskills I finished on Lone without celebration as well. I hope this winter to finish my winter 46 and celebrate on summit and post hike but what I'm really looking forward to is finishing my 115 next fall with enough planning to have a HarryK beer delivery! At this point it almost wouldn't seem finished without it.
Congrats in advance on your NH48!

It's martini time. (That's also the name of a good song by Rev. Horton Heat.) :D

This means that the celebration (or at least the beverages) will have to wait until after the hike is over, rather than at the summit. I'm not lugging a cocktail shaker, ice, vodka, vermouth, glasses and olives up the mountain. ;)

33 and counting. If all goes according to plan (which it never does), I should be finishing up on the Wildcats about this time next year.

Congratulations. I did Isolation in June; a beautiful mountain and a great hike.

Steve

Last edited:
Finished one list with a couple of glasses of wine and some yummy vittles. Finished another with a couple of pints of Guinness... in a real pint glass of course.

Next up will be the W46 in a few months and I'll lug up some champagne for that one.

For my NH4Ks I'm thinking Margaritas.

And for my 115, I'll have to have one of each! :eek:

Depends on location...

If you're talking about over a celabratory meal, I'll take a nice ale.

If you're talking up in the mountains, it's Wild Turkey 101 with some crystal clear spring water on the side. Ounces add up to pounds, after all.

Hey! You haven't been paying attention to the knee pain threads.

Tequila! It prevents arthritis, hastens the celebratory adrenelin, and, taken with lime, prevents scurvy.

After a windy paddling trip a bunch of ush drank it wit nicshe fresh garden ripped tomtoes ... er, tomatoes with sea slat and that wash absooooooooolutley wunnerful.

You dew haf to be kerful highyever becozz it duz seeeem to dulla the centsus.

... hmmmm ... Aim beginnin' ta unnerstand why post'r buoy rites like he duzzzzz ...

I celebrate with herb tea made from distilled water. I don't know why but I tend to be alone in my celebrations.

Good beer gets my vote :D :D
And I've had some good beers sitting on the summits of different peaks :)

Good beer and good friends, what could be better?
Well, ok, good single malt runs a close second...

In Zermatt last winter I drank a 20 year Scotch with a chunk of Matterhorn glacier ice mixed in, that was pretty special ;)

OK, I had to do it. I wanted my 300th post to be about beer.
I thought it appropriate seeing how I brew beer, drink beer, and slug heavy beer bottles up steep mountains :D

btw, Shipyard has its Pumpkinhead Ale out right now <slurp> an amber ale flavored with pumpkin and spices. Perfect for the season :) :)

I figure every good backpacking trip is worth celebrating. There's always a flask or two in the backpack somewhere. Apricot or Cherry brandy for sippin' and maybe some Kahlua for the evening coffee.
Along the same lines,there's nothing nicer than reaching into the kayak and pulling out a couple of cold ones after a long day on the water..

Double Bastard Ale...but beware if your anywhere where you can fall off of anything :eek: .

i mean, apple juice:rolleyes:

On top of the mountain I celebrate with champagne. Once back at the car it's off to the closest brew pub for a nice dinner and good beer.

Typically, if I finish a list or not, I'll be heading to a brew pub to "celebrate" the latest hike.