Flags on the 48 - 2010

vftt.org

Help Support vftt.org:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Clay, that is a gorgeous photo - I love the composition and color! Wish I could have been there to see that!

Couldn't make it out for FOT48 but caught sight of the flag on top of the Old Man site when I was out for a quick sunset bushwhack on the other side of the notch. I wondered if the person who was up there after dark with the flashlight saw me signaling back with a headlamp from the ledges across the way? :)

We are looking for comfirmation of Flags making it to the summits of:

Moosilauke
South Kinsman
South Hancock
East Osceola

I would like to take the time to thank everyone who participated this year. You volunteers make this event truly special.

I'd also like to thank everyone who sent messages to my wife and I as we deal with the death of our daughter. We have a long road ahead but I'm thankful to have a great bunch of friends to help pick us up.

There was a flag on Moosilauke. We could see it from Canon (with binoculars).
Jim & Deb
Whew! I'm glad Canon had one, I was 'sent' by Brian to cover Canon, since there was some confusion with Silent Cal stepping aside, but I did not get the message till Monday! :eek:

Glad to know that worked out! :)

100 % coverage is now CONFIRMED! Awesome job!

---------------------------------------------------------------------
Just some information for everyone out there.

Flag Day June 14th 2011, Reminders of the event will be posted around the web.

Monday July 11th 2011 at 6:00 pm. Signups will open for ALL peaks.

If you would like to pre-register for the alternate access peaks of Cannon, Washington or Wildcat D, that window will be open from June 14th to July 11th and information on how to do that will be posted on June 14th.

SUNDAY September 11th 2011 is the date for next year's event. The event will not be on a Saturday next year. When the 11th falls on a Sunday, it will be held on that day. It will go back to a Saturday in 2012.

I personally would like to thank all the volunteers who over the last nine years have made this event a success. Hopefully we will be blessed with great weather for next years's event.

Thanks everyone