Flooding In Catskills/Gunks Region

vftt.org

Help Support vftt.org:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
imarchant said:
Per this mornings radio report: State Rt. 213 is closed (I think they said at Rosendale) and County route 42 is open to local traffic only.

Actually, this does not impact the above directions greatly. 213 is closed where the bridge just past Rosendale goes over the Roundout. If you take the detour there, you will come out on 209. You just have to turn left when you get to 209 instead of right. Then you come to 213 in about a mile and you turn right. It's actually the way I would go anyway, since I know the roads there pretty well.

Flooding near Phoenicia

Does anyone have any information about the Hide-a-way campground near Phoenicia off Woodland Valley Road?
My husband & I live in Manhattan and have a camper up there.
We just heard about the devastating floods and are worried about everyone in the area.
Any news would be helpful.
Thanks,
Linda

Linda, I haven't heard anything of any of the campsites down there, either Hide a way or Woodland valley, but I did hear of Woodland valley Road from Rt 28 in Phoenica has some washouts. I checked imarchant's website link about realtime NY State traffic and it didn't mention Woodland Valley Road anymore but you might want to call the campsite owner or so to see. Perhaps it was only temporary or minor.

Jay