Greylock conditions?

vftt.org

Help Support vftt.org:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Jeff List

Reaction score
Does anyone know if there's still snowy or icy trails at Mt. Greylock after this major meltdown?
I couldn't find any recent reports here or at newenglandtrailconditions.com

thanks

I doubt there is much snow, it hit the upper 70s for most of this week in Pittsfield at the base of the state forest. There is probably still icy patches but nothing that microspikes can't handle and I was up on the summit a few weeks ago and the summit is windy enough that the summit was fairly bare of snow. You'll see my report down in the trip reports section and did use snowshoes on my descent off the Gould trail only because it was unbroken. I bet the snowbase is far wicked less now too, especially after this week's temps..

Jay

I doubt there is much snow, it hit the upper 70s for most of this week in Pittsfield at the base of the state forest. There is probably still icy patches but nothing that microspikes can't handle and I was up on the summit a few weeks ago and the summit is windy enough that the summit was fairly bare of snow. You'll see my report down in the trip reports section and did use snowshoes on my descent off the Gould trail only because it was unbroken. I bet the snowbase is far wicked less now too, especially after this week's temps..

Jay

I would second that opinion. There are probably patches of ice & snow left where drifting has occurred this winter and even then only in the more shaded spots but I'd expect you can easily navigate around all of those. Mud might be an issue.