Hancock Overlook Parking?

vftt.org

Help Support vftt.org:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Jkrew81

Reaction score
hello,
I was wondering if anyone has heard or seen any signs of theft activity for this parking area. My wife and I are planning an overnight trip in the area but just wanted to see if anyone heard anything. Thanks.

-Jonathan

Overnight

From what I've seen over the years, all the parking areas are vulnerable, especially on a holiday weekend. Leave nothing of value. The best advice I've seen is leave the car unlocked and the glove compartment open. Oh yeah, and don't advertise on the internet.

KDT

i had never heard about any problems at that lot in particular, but when i hiked the hancocks a couple weeks ago there was broken window glass in the parking lot. i wouldn't let this discourage you from parking there. i'm sure it's just as "safe" as any other trailhead in the whites. just take the usual precautions with valuables, etc.
have fun.

bryan

I think it's wise to take Kevin's advice at any trailhead but I have had personal food experience at the Hancock parking area. I left my car there for a 3 day backpack last spring and had no problems at all.

Is there a database that shows break-in activity by location and date? It would be helpful to know, for example, that one location had x hits in the last year while a second location had none.

As for Hancock, I can only add that my guess is it has a good record (comparatively speaking) due to its visible layout.